Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 24, 2010, 12:27 PM   #11

Thanx dbnnet will have a look @ Incredible Connection's website tonight, so the Integral Ultima cards has good read & write speeds. I'm definitely not happy with the Transcend 16gb class 6 read & write speeds compared to my SanDisk ultra II 4gb class 4 card, which has a much faster read & write speeds.
Paul O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2010, 1:26 PM   #12

Paul, I was looking earlier today for it on their site.... could not find it there.
dbnnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2010, 6:17 PM   #13

I've checked Take 2 & SA camera they don't stock it either, will check Orms & Cameraland now, will keep u posted.
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/me...ooks-good.html

Last edited by Paul O; Feb 24, 2010 at 6:27 PM.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 6:15 AM   #14

Paul, my Integral Ultima (class 6) 8GB cost me about R325 and the 16Gb about R640.
I will now basically use the two 8GB cards for my normal still images (prefer to use two 8GB cards vs a single 16GB card as I don't want to put all my eggs in a single basket), and keep the 16GB on hand for when I do the rare video. The 16G card will give me a full 2 hours which should be more than enough for my needs. (I also carry a spare battery with me all the time too - It's a Panasonic one for about R350).
Regards
Old Feb 27, 2010, 3:39 PM   #15

Visited LA last weekend & took a lot of PIX with my trusty ole FZ7. (That camera has a lot of miles on it, but everything works well.) Ive been considering FZ35/38, but again, Im a bit hesitant. I know FZ35/38 is better/improved in many ways, but maybe what bothers me is the clarity. Based on posted PIX, photos seem not as crisp, but that could be because the person using the camera isnt yet sufficiently proficient.

When I reviewed the photos I "shoot from the hip" using FZ7, Im usually happy. They seem crisp. Here is one of Lucy taken in the wax museum using a flash fill. Nothing special about the settings, just P&S in P/Auto Mode, but the museum does use colored lighting.

I will be watching the FZ35/38 posts to see how submitters photos show.
Attached Images

sdromel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2010, 4:19 AM   #16

FZ38: ISO 200 f/3.7 1/40sec -0.3
I sometimes think that there is a misconception that to get a sharp, low
noise output from a FZ38/35 you need an outdoor, ISO 80-100
environment – I disagree. Whilst not a DSLR, I think that for a small sensor camera,
the capabilities of this camera are exceptional!
Uncropped and Unedited (Only Resized) - Indoors, No flash
Attached Images

Last edited by dbnnet; Feb 28, 2010 at 4:37 AM.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 6:24 AM   #17

Wll done on the background blur effect dbnnet, looks super.sdromel your photo look beautifilly sharp & chrystal clear.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 10:44 AM   #18

Those photos look very good indeed, dbnnet and sdromel-

dbnnet has proved quite well the indoor, no flash capability of the FZ-35. sdromel, the FZ-35 sample may indeed look a bit muted in comparison to your Lucille Ball photo. However that may also be due to the post processing applied.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2010, 12:28 PM   #19

To truly see the capabilities and ability of the photographer and his gear, I have never seen the benefit of posting edited or PP images here when trying to see the particular "performance" of a camera (i.e. I'm not talking about cropping or posting for a photo competition). I don't think I have ever posted a PP image here for that reason - Sorry if it's just me, but that I want to see are the capabilities of the camera (and owner) .... and not the output of some fancy PC and Software
Old Feb 28, 2010, 12:49 PM   #20

dbnnet-

That indeed is the general consensus in this folder as well.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote