Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 27, 2003, 10:36 PM   #1

Default Camera Case

Is there a camera case available for FZ10
Arshad
aghauri is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 28, 2003, 2:02 AM   #2

Default FZ10 camera case

The FZ10 fits into a Tamrac 5683, lens down. It even fits (just barely) with the hood in place. The accessories pocket can hold a couple of batteries, SD cards, and probably a lens cloth. There's no room for anything else. The case has two closures: a snap buckle for normal quick use, and a zipper for bad weather. It has a handle on top as well as a shoulder strap. B&H sells it for $23 + $5 S&H.
Charlie Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2003, 6:00 PM   #3

I did see a Panasonic belt bag on one of their sites but someone in a post mentioned that they were not good or worth the money.

I use a large bag for local travels, see my description here:
http://www.stevesforums.com/phpBB2/v...ic.php?t=17222

When out of the Lowepro, for walking with just the camera strapped around my neck or with it mounted on a tripod to shoulder around, I picked up small nylon stuff sack. It's a camper/hiker item. The kind with a draw-string closure with a 'toggle lock'. It's deep enough to even accomadate a future teleconverter attached.
Picked up from a local EMS brick 'n mortar (but try ems.com), the name is "granite gear" and it's a #3 toughsack, medium ditty bag, 5 inch wide opening x 12.5 inches deep. USD $6.50. Comes in different colors - I naturally got black.

Comes off or goes on real quick; roll or stuff in your pocket. It protects camera and lense from dirt or dust or occasional brushing of branches and foliage, or even a drizzle if you should get caught out.
m.achure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2003, 7:39 PM   #4

Thanks for the info.
What i am looking for that if i hang my camera on my neck do i hve anthing that will kind of cover LCD screen and easily flip off for taking pictures. Kind of a camera cover/case.
aghauri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2003, 4:10 PM   #5

I use the same type of bag type cover when I have my FZ1 on a tripod. I forget where I picked up my bag (probably came free with something), but it's almost a velour (sp?) material so it will not provide any rain protection. A large ziplock bag will help with weather issues, and if you cut a stategic hole in the ziplock and then sandwich the hole between a UV filter and the lens barrel, you can even create a moisture resistant cover that will still allow you to shoot pictures. One thing my bag does do well being of a softer material is double as a beanbag cover -- a beanbag is a nice addition to every gadget bag for holding the camera to frame a shot, serve as a soft place to sit the camera, etc. I use a ziplock bag full of dried rice that fits nicely in the bag.

Another thing that will work (and serve additional purpose) is a tossle hat.

I don't think you're going to find any form-fitting case specifically designed for the FZ1 or FZ10 formfactors. I don't even think Panasonic has any such accessories, so I'm sure 3rd party manufacturers won't.
EffZeeOne is offline   Reply With Quote