Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 19, 2010, 8:17 AM   #51

Good to see that the ZS7 works for others. I've officially given up on this camera after about 1000 pictures trying to make it work and just bought another ZS3 instead will be putting the ZS7 up for auction on Friday. I've owned probably the last 5 iterations in this product line of Panasonics and the ZS7 to me took horrible pictures. Out of 1000 pictures on iA and using different manual settings I got maybe 5 that were in focus. The autofocus seems to be out of whack, i'll post a review once I get my new cam later this week to show what i'm talking about. I actually compared it to my younger brothers very old Kodak CX7430 and the Kodak took better pictures without a doubt. The flash is very weak on the ZS7 for some reason compared to the ZS3 as well. Not sure what Panasonic changed with this camera but in my opinion it is not for the better, my advice is anyone wanting a new cam to get the ZS3 and leave this ZS7 alone.
saleenadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2010, 8:41 AM   #52

Could be a bad camera...check out these links on the ZS7 performance...but I shoot A or S all the time...the ZS7 is just an outstanding small camera...lowlight is the biggest challenge...
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/pa...ss-camera.html
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/pa...ss-camera.html
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/pa...sharpness.html
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2010, 12:27 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
Yes I am really liking the ZS7...we travel a lot so the gps is welcome...The IQ is very good for a P&S Compact...fits perfectly for all around application...love the controls and options on it...
Here it is in a ripoffs clip-on case...handy as a "pocket on a shirt"...also I like the dedicated Marine Case for it for Underwater Pic's as they do not make one for the FZ35/38...
Out of interest, which model of Ripoffs case are you using? The fit seems perfect.
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2010, 4:35 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
Out of interest, which model of Ripoffs case are you using? The fit seems perfect.
Ripoffs CO-129FF $16 + shipping...it's better to get it from Filmtools as they will normally have it on the shelf...

http://www.filmtools.com/ripoffs-for-ipaq-co-129ff.html
Old May 30, 2010, 7:06 PM   #55

LTZ470: I'm thinking of getting the same Ripoffs case. Their website shows that this case fits devices with a depth (thickness) of 0.75 inches. The ZS7, however, has a thickness of 1.28 inches. Is the fit tight that it makes it difficult to remove the camera easily? Thanks for your help.
wongboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2010, 9:13 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by wongboys View Post
LTZ470: I'm thinking of getting the same Ripoffs case. Their website shows that this case fits devices with a depth (thickness) of 0.75 inches. The ZS7, however, has a thickness of 1.28 inches. Is the fit tight that it makes it difficult to remove the camera easily? Thanks for your help.
No the width of the case makes up for it...it will fit nicely...another reason to use the lanyard also as this helps get it out quicker and easier...
Old May 31, 2010, 9:14 AM   #57

Not thrilled to see the comments by saleenadam on the zs7 vs the zs3. I may want to buy a zs7 and don't whish another mess like my hx5v, as far as smearing of grass/folage and water color effect. I have looked at all the pro reviews and many of the early online ones from back in the early part of the year and yes on occasion I see some smearing with the zs7,don't know where NR was set. As you know the hx5 even at ISO 125 will kick in NR when it thinks an area of the photo is noise, this killls the camera for me even in 4x6 prints when it happens. Hopefully saleenadam had a bad camera and this is not the norm.
Old Mike
mf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2010, 9:25 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by mf15 View Post
Not thrilled to see the comments by saleenadam on the zs7 vs the zs3. I may want to buy a zs7 and don't whish another mess like my hx5v, as far as smearing of grass/folage and water color effect. I have looked at all the pro reviews and many of the early online ones from back in the early part of the year and yes on occasion I see some smearing with the zs7,don't know where NR was set. As you know the hx5 even at ISO 125 will kick in NR when it thinks an area of the photo is noise, this killls the camera for me even in 4x6 prints when it happens. Hopefully saleenadam had a bad camera and this is not the norm.
Old Mike
I haven't seen any of the pictures saleenadam posted or EXIF data?, so I couldn't really say what the problem is/was?, but I am sure that the ZS7 is a great little performer and I have the photos to back it up...even some nice zoom photos that are impressive for me from such a small package...
Old May 31, 2010, 5:00 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by wongboys View Post
I just ordered the "Slim Leather Case for Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 DMC-ZS5" for $19.92 including shipping from this seller on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Slim-Leather-Cas...item563b0688db

If that link disappears due to the item being sold, just do an eBay search on "Slim ZS7 case".

I like the looks of this case and user feedback say that it is a perfect fit for the ZS7. I also like the fact that it is made of high grade real leather and uses velcro for the closing flap instead of a magnet. The Sony TX7 manual says that cases with magnetic closures can cause problems with the TX7's power supply. I assume that could apply to a ZS7 as well.

Sky

Last edited by skylark; May 31, 2010 at 5:03 PM.
skylark is offline   Reply With Quote