Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 1, 2010, 4:06 AM   #1

Default Fertile Country

A glimpse of a fertile village, where agriculture (rice, millets) and silk-weaving are the main source of income.

The green carpet

Lush growth

Heavenly home

Open rides

Beautiful scenery

The rice crop

Innocent smiles

Fresh and free bath at the irrigation pump

Weaver at work

Intricate patterns

Weaver's wife

Evergreen memories

I'll take a break!
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 1, 2010, 7:19 AM   #2

Thanks for another enjoyable series, Raghu. Where were these taken?

Mike
mike_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2010, 7:24 AM   #3

Raghu, thanks for sending these photos! I really liked the "innocent smiles" the most. The "weaver at work" I would have cropped out the space to the right of the wood and give him a little more head room... just constructive criticism... I really like these picture... AGAIN, the "Innocent smiles," you should frame this... this one would be a memorable picture of your fine country I had taken it... really good job. Sure hope you will send more... Thanks.

Ned
Jyväskylä, Finland
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2010, 8:36 AM   #4

Raghu,

very nice set! It's always interesting to see pictures from different parts of the world. All are nice, but I especially enjoyed the "people pictures."

What program are you using to frame the pics?
Jazzer251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2010, 10:24 AM   #5

Raghu
Another delightful set, wonderful. That lush green color is making me jealous.
thanks for sharing
Alun
Alun_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2010, 11:53 AM   #6

raghu-

Great color and wonderful smiles. Thanks for another great tour. Is the crop rice or sorghum?

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2010, 12:15 PM   #7
Super Moderator

really nice set raghu captured the landscape and the people very well.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2010, 1:13 PM   #8

Ah love the weaver shots I do that myself as of late not but my loom sits idle in another room all cause of the months of healing from my boys body slamming into me ..better now just training my self to sit for longer periods then I will be back at it again... I would of loved to have seen more of the subject of his loom. How it is built and from the looks of it seems as if he has a high back beam or maybe even more than one? and closer to the patterns on this I can not actually see why some of the warp and wefts are not actually together? unless there is more beams that he will go back later to finish those loose threads and to top it off as well the way he may pull his weft or lay it before pulling the beater back. The other shots are great too! The woman looks so happy! As well as the kids... They would actually get a shock if they were shown the new models of a loom here in American and in the power states where one can hook up to a computer and have all the threads running different treadles, heddles and bobbins... I really would love to see more of his fashion of loom... I was wanting to put up a Navajo weaver out side for summer use of course a couple posts and the top and bottom beams whit work upon it would make for a very interesting shot.

Last edited by SharpShotGal; Mar 1, 2010 at 1:19 PM.
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2010, 1:57 AM   #9

Dear friends, I am so very happy that you all like these photos. That makes all the trouble of driving 70+km and walking around in the hot sun really worth it.
Sarah - it is rice.
Jazzer - the border was done with Gimp.
Mike - All these were taken in a village near Kanchipuram; the same place I took the temple photos given in another post in this forum.
SharpShot - I am not much knowledgeable about looms, just a wanderer trying to record anything that interests me. That was an opportunity I got to get close to the weaver. If I make a visit again, I will certainly get you more photographs of the entire loom, its set up, etc. Can you post some photos of your loom so that I can share it with this weaver and let him know how technology has advanced in your country? Once again, thanks to you all for viewing and for the nice comments.

Last edited by Raghu; Mar 2, 2010 at 2:03 AM.
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2010, 12:57 PM   #10

Sure thing I can do that later to day I have some on a disc from when I had her out in the dinning room before the Bowflex took over.... I will find it after some hard out doors work I have a series I am doing on : hard work in thy own back yard!"
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote