Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 30, 2010, 11:04 PM   #21

Yes allot of pro around NYC do not use them, and when they do they are nd filters or something at impacts the shot.

But if you think about it, the best high quality optic multicoated glass is already on your lens. That and the hood will prevent most ghosting and flares. Adding uv protector filters is just an upsell. This is the digital age, UV is not a concern. IR is the concern but all camera do a great job on IR. So if you get UV filter, get one that does something like warming the light by actually blocking the UV. As the plane old UV protectors really do nothing for the shot.

So I would use a lens hood for the fz35 and you will protect your lens that way. If you get a UV filter for protection, take it off before you shoot, especially when shooting toward a strong light source.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 11:46 AM   #22

Let me add, because the camera body threads rotate on their own, don't screw that filter on too tight. My filter is stuck on at the moment and I'll have to rig a small belt of some sort to stop the female threaded part from rotating to remove my filter.
Chris0383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2010, 2:03 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris0383 View Post
Let me add, because the camera body threads rotate on their own, don't screw that filter on too tight. My filter is stuck on at the moment and I'll have to rig a small belt of some sort to stop the female threaded part from rotating to remove my filter.
Yeah it can be hard to get loose. I tighten mine up pretty good. But I can usely hold the ring, to keep it from rotating. FZ35 Rules.............
I'm going to re read thru this thread, I need to find out which Filter is best for a Bright Full Moon. And I need to find a Good Telephoto Booster. lol
MeGaPixEliT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2010, 4:20 AM   #24

Is this any good for fz38?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
hrvoje xyz is offline   Reply With Quote