Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 8, 2010, 2:22 PM   #1

Default Question re: video FZ35

hi all,

i've got questions regarding the video on the FZ35. at the concert the other night i excitedly took some video and forgot to change the setting to jpeg, so it recorded in AVCHD lite.

here's my question/problem:
i installed the Panny Photofun Studio and can see them, but i can't email them to anyone. (want to email to sis who went to show with me).

is there a way to convert them to regular jpeg movies? Picasa doesn't recognize them. Or does anyone have any ideas on how i can share them?

also should i install the other programs on the disc (arcsoft and/or silky pix)?

thanks for any help you can give!
mary

maryintexas39
Panasonic DMC-LX5/Panasonic Lumix ZS9/Panasonic Lumix ZS15

my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/maryintexas39/
maryintexas39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 8, 2010, 3:07 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryintexas39 View Post
hi all,

i've got questions regarding the video on the FZ35. at the concert the other night i excitedly took some video and forgot to change the setting to jpeg, so it recorded in AVCHD lite.

here's my question/problem:
i installed the Panny Photofun Studio and can see them, but i can't email them to anyone. (want to email to sis who went to show with me).

is there a way to convert them to regular jpeg movies? Picasa doesn't recognize them. Or does anyone have any ideas on how i can share them?

also should i install the other programs on the disc (arcsoft and/or silky pix)?

thanks for any help you can give!
mary
Hi Mary,

Over on the DP review forum there are several suggestions of programs you can download that will allow AVCHD to play in Picasa without converting etc. I tried one of the suggestions with a card I used in an FZ35 in a camera store. I used AVCHD and MJPEG. I was unable to get the AVCHDs to show on my computer or Picasa.

My FZ35 is on the way. I'll use MJPEG until someone suggests a system that works. With that in mind, I'm ordering a 16gb card to handle the larger files.

Jack
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2010, 3:11 PM   #3

Default Thread from DPreview forum

Mary,

Here's a discussion from DP review forums. I tried some of this and it didn't work for me. I suspect that I downloaded a program that would work but didn't set up Picasa to use that program as it's default player,........because I don't know how to do that.

I'm sure one of the helpful people on this forum will give us a step by step that will work.

Jack
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2010, 6:49 PM   #4

Jack you must be hanging for your new FZ35, counting the minutes I bet!
chillgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2010, 9:01 PM   #5

Hi Mary,
I have issues with playing AVCHD on my pcs as well. Using Windows media player and VLC player, the sound portion was good by the picture freezes, or there will be good picture but no sound. Another member on the FZ35 new user forum DBNNET helped me out ... the email reply is listed below ... hope it helps

fhui, Hi. If you are using Windows 7, you are in luck because that new version is
fully compatible with AVCHD. If not you are probably going to need to
download a decent codec. Suggest this - It's free:
http://www.free-codecs.com/K_Lite_Me...k_download.htm
Also suggest a decent player. Suggest this ...... its free too:
http://www.gomlab.com/eng/GMP_download.html
As for playing on a DVD player..... NO ... you need to burn to a DVD, but then need
to play it on a Blueray player that is AVCHD compatible.
(The provided PhotoFunStudio will easily write the AVCHD files to DVD disk).
If not, you can also use Windows Video Maker and convert it to a Microsoft Movie
format and view it that way.
Regards
fhui is offline   Reply With Quote