Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 10, 2010, 1:04 PM   #31

Hi Calendula if you search the FZ35 forum you will find one, and there are plenty of bird watchers here. Welcome and hope you enjoy your stay and hope this forum will make your decision easier.
Paul O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2010, 1:29 PM   #32

Calendula, here are a few. I'll post a few more in the album.

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/me...fz35-pics.html
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2010, 8:09 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbnnet View Post
Yes... Absolutely. I bought a Panasonic 1.5m HDMI cable (HDMI to HDMI Mini)
and I have it with me all the time .... quick and easy to connect to any LCD
TV no mater where I am. Highly recommended!
Regards
Yeah, but then you have to keep them on your camera's memory card all the time (thus taking up space that you might need for photos). The WD Media players have two USB ports, so you can hook up an external USB drive (I have a 1TB drive hooked to mine), so I can dump all my videos onto that drive and play them back any time I want.
YukonJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2010, 8:32 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukonJack View Post
Yeah, but then you have to keep them on your camera's memory card all the time (thus taking up space that you might need for photos). The WD Media players have two USB ports, so you can hook up an external USB drive (I have a 1TB drive hooked to mine), so I can dump all my videos onto that drive and play them back any time I want.
YukonJack,

I've gotta learn more about this AVCHD routine. Could you go through the step by step from camera to viewing on the computer and TV? As I understand it, you play the clips from the camera through the media player to the TV or computer? Then, you put them in the hard drive. When you want to play them again, you just play them through the media player again, right? No conversions?

I'm not a total tech dunce but frankly the AVCHD is leaving me cold and my FZ35 has not even arrived yet! I've almost resolved to use MJPEG despite it being a major memory gobbler. Please tell me it's not that complicated. I'd really like to avoid all sorts of conversions, editing etc., though I don't mind buying an extra piece of equipment.

Jack
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2010, 9:25 PM   #35

Hi

Please continue AVCHD discussion at this new thread:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/pa...ml#post1063745
chillgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2010, 6:33 PM   #36

Default 26 members and counting...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillgreg View Post
Hi fellow Panasonians!

I have formed a new Social Group at Steve's for those that own (or are just interested in) the fabulous range of FZ-series Panasonic cameras. Membership is free, and open to anyone.

You can access Steve's Social Groups from the top menu bar, by selecting Community, then Social Groups on the drop-down menu. Or please just click on this link to go straight there:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/gr...ers-group.html

Hope to see you there!

PS. If you would like any advice on creating your own Social Group (eg Panasonic TZ-Series Owners Group, or Pro-LX3 Owners Club etc.), then please don't hesitate to ask!

We are now up to 26 members - fantastic! Which is a great opportunity to remind all new members - please join the Social Group and show your support for this forum. If you are an existing Steve's member - why not invite someone you know? Even if it's a contact at another website, help spread about the friendliest and most helpful group in the world!

Old Mar 15, 2010, 1:27 AM   #37

Hi

If you have been hesitant to post your photos at other forums, as you have witnessed some of the super-critical comments that sometimes ensue - well don't be here at Steve's!

All you'll get here is encouragement and most often admiration. If you specifically want C&C, then ask.

So go ahead - post, post, post!!!
Old Mar 25, 2010, 12:49 AM   #38

OK folks we just hit 50 members - that is a fantastic result in so short a time - thank you all for joining. The snowball is starting to roll - a little birdy told me we might get a mention from Steve in his monthly editorial column - so let's all give it a big push and invite all our friends and contacts from this and other sites too. I'd ideally like to have a nice number - say 100 - to go to Steve with and get this group even more exposure to the 1/2 million site visitors Steve's Digicams receives each month.

Lastly don't forget to link your photo albums to the group - it will become a great resource for photos specifically from FZ cameras. The beauty of this system, is that it doesn't matter which forum or thread you post your photos in, they will all be easily accessible fro the Social Group Album page.

Rock on!

Last edited by chillgreg; Mar 25, 2010 at 12:51 AM.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 12:55 AM   #39

Default Spread the love - update your bio

As we are a close knit-community of like-minded Panny FZ users, it is nice to know just a little bit about each other.

So why not update your Bio on your Profile page? Even just your country is helpful, but go for your life if you want to include your interests, favourite web sites, list of equipment - whatever you like!

And an Avatar is nice too - either your own photo or something really cool like mine
Old Mar 28, 2010, 4:00 PM   #40

Hello from member #60, proud and extremely happy owner of an FZ38.

My wife and I are going on holiday this coming Saturday to an extremely beautiful and mountainous part of Scotland (Torridon/Wester Ross - google it) so expect quite a few photos as it will be my first proper outing with the FZ38!!