Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 28, 2010, 4:16 PM   #41

Davi-

Have a great holiday and please post some photos on your return.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2010, 8:08 PM   #42

Apologies to all - the Social Group has been an interesting experiment, but unfortunately it was creating some confusion for new members, so has been deleted. Although I believe with a much larger membership this concept has potential, at the moment it has added no real value beyond the already fantastic Panasonic/Leica Folder/Forum.
chillgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2010, 5:21 PM   #43

Thinking of getting a FZ35. This forum has been very helpful. I am a casual photo taker with no talent. Hope to learn a few things here.
richie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2010, 9:27 PM   #44

You certainly will Richie. And don't be so hard on yourself - everyone has some talent. A bit of practise and the wonderful FZ35 will have you taking photos like a pro in no time. And the friendly and helpful people here are keen to answer your questions and see your first photos.

Have a look at some of the amazing photos posted in this folder/forum. Many of us FZ35 owners here are "noobs" too

So get your FZ35 pronto, and come on down my friend!!!

Greg

Last edited by chillgreg; Mar 30, 2010 at 9:30 PM.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 9:33 AM   #45

Wish I had the FZ35 when I was in Australia two years ago. Went all over. Shot video with a Panasonic mini tape video recorder.
richie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 2:42 PM   #46

Just ordered my FZ35 last night. Amazon is showing a 2 week delay in shipping, I hope it is sooner than that! I am in the club!!!!
joekelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 2:47 PM   #47

Hi, so glad to be in this group, my first question is what accesories do i need for my fz35. 2. My fz 35 came with a bower and vivitar uv filter, please which one is better to start with before i can buy a better one. Thanks!
hill2dtops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 2:50 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by joekelli View Post
Just ordered my FZ35 last night. Amazon is showing a 2 week delay in shipping, I hope it is sooner than that! I am in the club!!!!
Hiya! Glad to hear of your purchase. Many congrats, indeed. Hope to see some pictures whe get up and running.

Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 1:23 AM   #49

Is the FZ 35 owners group still going? Cheers Lyn
banksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 2:39 AM   #50

Default Unfortunately, no.

Hi Lyn/Banksy!

Thank you for enquiring. I started the group as a new member here with some experience in computers etc. I would love it to be still active, we had over 100 registered members (and several hundred additional pending invites), photo galleries, friends lists, and were planning local meet-up events, themed competitions and all sorts of exciting things. In the short time we were running there was a lot of enthusiasm for the group; I even saw us mentioned or recommended in several places including competing forums and Amazon!

Unfortunately several long time members here with strong influence effectively vetoed the concept, their fear of change and resistance to new ideas and social networking putting a big brake on it.

There are a lot of FZ35 owners here, and they are very friendly and helpful. But as for an actual official community for certain camera brand or models, Flickr has become the de facto standard for that. I belong to several Groups there, as they are called. Here are some links for you:

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 (FZ38) Digital Camera (1,202 members)
Panasonic Lumix Users (2,342 members)
Panasonic FZ series (1,907 members)
Panasonic Lumix FZ18 FZ28 FZ38 UK Group!! (130 members)
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35(DMC-FZ38) Digital Camera (370 members)
Birds with Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 (48 members)
Panasonic Lumix Australia (227 members)
Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ18 (1,637 members)
Panasonic Lumix TZ1 Owners (380 members)

These groups combined contain over 80,000 photos, all with Panasonic cameras!!!

These are just the ones I have come across and joined. Each group has a group pool of photos (like it's own gallery), and a discussion forum, and some groups run monthly photo competitions too!. You need to be a member to actively participate, but not just to view photos or read discussions.

Flickr also has a Facebook connection, and if enabled any photos or albums that you post can also be sent to your Facebook account. (This is off by default)

For your interest also, here is the Flickr Panasonic statistics page, it makes interesting reading!
http://www.flickr.com/cameras/panasonic/

Of course anything you post to Flickr can be linked here to Steve's, so we don't miss out on your latest pics! :-))

Cheers!

Greg