Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 11, 2012, 6:00 PM   #91

Thanks franko170, i am not on a Mac unfortunately.

Panasonic FZ200 + Panasonic FZ38 + Macro & Tele Kit (DMW-LC55 + DMW-LT55 + DMW-LA5) Canon 60D +18-55mm lens+ 70-300mm lens.
eysha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2012, 6:41 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franko170 View Post
I use AVCHD Converter for Mac, and use highest settings available.

Also lets me put a watermark.
HAH! I have the AVS suite, bought and paid for, and that is not shown in the Navigator at all. DLing now!

Nick
OldNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2012, 6:41 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by eysha View Post
Thanks franko170, i am not on a Mac unfortunately.

It's available for PC. Just DAGs and the PC version is the main find.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 6:49 PM   #94

Darn. In the PC version anyway, that is just their video converter. Tried that. Not many settings available, just good better best stuff.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 6:13 AM   #95

Thanks, still looking for a good free version - any ideas anyone?

Panasonic FZ200 + Panasonic FZ38 + Macro & Tele Kit (DMW-LC55 + DMW-LT55 + DMW-LA5) Canon 60D +18-55mm lens+ 70-300mm lens.
eysha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2012, 6:21 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by eysha View Post
I have just taken my first video on my FZ38 and find i have no idea how to view it as when i put the SDcard into the computer the file does not show.
I know it is there as i can see it on the camera so how do i get it from the camera onto a dvd disk? (not blue-ray)
I use Vista and if it needs to be converted can someone show me a link to a really simple softwear package that i can use easily as i am not into computer stuff to that degree - simple is best for me- really simple please.
Thanks
E.
If this is the question that was referred to in your post about AVCHD Converter by AVS, then that will not help. If you simply cannot see the file on your PC, then nothing is going to work with it, until your PC finds it.

What have you actually done, step by step, to look for it.

One question: does the camera come with bundled software? If so, that will know where to look as easily as anything, and will allow you to copy to hard drive, where you know where it is, and make a DVD

EDIT: You will probably be better off plugging in the camera than the card.

Nick

Last edited by OldNick; Mar 12, 2012 at 6:31 AM.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 8:03 AM   #97

I wonder if anyone has had the same experience as me with AVCHD and motion blur? I've tried a couple of camcorders now (Panasonic SD200 and Canon HF S10), and am very disappointed with the results when the camera is set to 25p mode. The picture seems to turn into a blurry mess when panning - even very slowly. It's so bad I can't even think why the manufacturers even bothered to include it as a feature on the camera.

Is this a feature of AVCHD, the camcorders, my PC, or my TV? Or is it just operator error?
mclainjohn583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2012, 8:19 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclainjohn583 View Post

I wonder if anyone has had the same experience as me with AVCHD and motion blur? I've tried a couple of camcorders now (Panasonic SD200 and Canon HF S10), and am very disappointed with the results when the camera is set to 25p mode. The picture seems to turn into a blurry mess when panning - even very slowly. It's so bad I can't even think why the manufacturers even bothered to include it as a feature on the camera.

Is this a feature of AVCHD, the camcorders, my PC, or my TV? Or is it just operator error?

hmmm..OK. No expert, but I have struggled with blur and digital cameras and I am _starting_ the get a clue. I am not sure that clue is going to get me anywhere. I am still trying to work out why digital stuff is so flickery.

So I ask these questions both to try to help you, and for selfish reasons

When you say you get blurry mess:
- is that straight from the camera?
- If so, what other camera filming methods are available? 25i? 50p? etc.
- if not, what other software have you used to edit/display the footage?
- that _may_ have added problems
- when you pan the camera, was there a subject that you were panning with?
- (HINT:watch TV and avoid focusing your gaze on the main subject...watch the background as the subject moves across it...do you see the same flicker?...OR if the background is still and the subject is moving across it (rare) what happens to the subject?)
Old Sep 3, 2012, 11:02 AM   #99

Default All I want to

Help,

Help,

I reset my FZ35, shot some pix & a couple of videos which were accidentally shot in the default mode AVCHD. I downloaded the AVCHD folder to my PC.

What do I need to view/convert them to std MOV/AVI/MPG files?

Cheers,

klxdrt

I reset the settings on my FZ35, forgot I set video to MOV format. Resetting changed video format to AVCHD and stored a few videos I took on what appears located on the camera's internal memory. I tried moving them to my pc to no avail using Photo Fun Studio 4.

Since I have learned the hard way to use the K.I.S.S principle, why cant I just connect the camera to my PC & cut paste just like I have been doing for the last 25+ yr of PC use.
klxdrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2012, 11:16 AM   #100
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by klxdrt View Post
I reset the settings on my FZ35, forgot I set video to MOV format. Resetting changed video format to AVCHD and stored a few videos I took on what appears located on the camera's internal memory. I tried moving them to my pc to no avail using Photo Fun Studio 4.

Since I have learned the hard way to use the K.I.S.S principle, why cant I just connect the camera to my PC & cut paste just like I have been doing for the last 25+ yr of PC use.
Check and see if your camera's USB connection is set to Mass Storage. That way, it will behave like an external hard drive or card reader. You'll find a USB option in your camera's setup menus, as shown on the bottom of this page:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/camer...-menus-47.html

Note that you can also use a Copy menu choice you'll find in the Playback menus to move files from internal memory to the memory card. You'll see it mentioned in some of the other screens on that review page.

As for converting your video files, you may want to look at Handbrake and see if it works for you.

http://handbrake.fr/

But, VLC should be able to play them for you without needing to convert them:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

You may also want to installing one of the K-Lite Codec Packs so that some of the other media players that make use of Codecs can play them, as mentioned in this post on the first page of this thread:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/pa...ml#post1063819
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote