Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 25, 2011, 12:02 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by deniseack View Post
I bought the Lumix TS2 for a beach vacation and didn't bother loading the accompanying CD because I already use other software to organize/edit pics. I didn't realize that you needed their PhotofunStudio software to edit the movies.

Well, I moved all the jpegs and movie files to my computer once I figured out the convoluted path to find the movie files. BIG MISTAKE!! Evidently, you are ONLY supposed to get your movies onto your pc by using their software. I found this in the user manual on the cd: "Do not delete, change or move the files (extensions .cont/.m2ts/.tmb/.iis etc.) or folders related to the copied AVCHD/AVCHD Lite motion pictures using Explorer or similar. It will make it impossible to play back or edit." WHAAAAT!!!??? I went back into all my memory cards and moved the accompanying folders and content so everything is all together, hoping the system will match up the needed files to open the movies. Nope.

I just now copied all that back onto my biggest card, thinking the camera itself could make it work. Nope.

Any ideas? Pleeeease? You'd think this info would have been printed in BOLD all over the quick start up instructions, since previous movie fiiles (ie Quicktime movies, etc.) didn't require multiple other files to make them work. I would just use Explorer to copy the MVI file and the THM files and be done with it. GRRRR!
That stinks!

Do the files you put back on the card, playback on the camera?

My Flickr

Joe Bananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2011, 12:13 PM   #82

Well... i have the m2ts file alone in the HD folder and i can play it on media player with no problem. But the PhotofunStudio software dont reconize it anymore since i deleted the other files.

I have the K-Lite codec pack instaled

Greetings
Rui Marques
rpmarques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2011, 8:49 PM   #83

I've converted .MTS files to .MP4 using Handbrake. Using the highest quality setting, the resulting files come out at half their original size.

Best of all its free and very easy to use.

http://handbrake.fr/

My Flickr

Old Mar 27, 2011, 9:14 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bananas View Post
I've converted .MTS files to .MP4 using Handbrake. Using the highest quality setting, the resulting files come out at half their original size.

Best of all its free and very easy to use.

http://handbrake.fr/
Thanks for posting that. It was what I was looking for. I had heard of Handbrake on an audio forum I go to (for use for MP3 player videos). It didn't even cross my mind to use it for MTS files. I've been using Super, instead. I looked to see if Super could handle MTS files, but I couldn't find anything.
JayC_783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2011, 12:26 AM   #85

Thanks, glad I helped.

I tried Super first, but I couldn't get a descent result from it. Super has too many options, it overwhelms me.

Handbrake is dead easy though. Open file, click on 'high profile' preset then hit 'convert'. That's it. Highly recommended.

My Flickr

Old Mar 31, 2011, 7:11 PM   #86

The WDTV Live team have just released a firmware update which resolves the AVCHD (.MTS) playback problems.

All videos should now have perfect playback. Woot!

Heres my previous post, listing all firmwares;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bananas View Post
Info for WDTV HD Live users -

It seems the latest firmware updates make the WD player not compatible with AVCHD.

Firmware#
1.02.21 & 1.03.49 - plays Avchd files perfectly

1.04.10 - plays the first 5 seconds without audio, then movie pauses while sound catches up - and plays fine after

1.04.17 - gives a 'file not supported' message

1.04.22 (latest version 3-2011) - play files perfectly <not confirmed by me yet>

My Flickr

Old Mar 4, 2012, 11:14 AM   #87

I have just taken my first video on my FZ38 and find i have no idea how to view it as when i put the SDcard into the computer the file does not show.
I know it is there as i can see it on the camera so how do i get it from the camera onto a dvd disk? (not blue-ray)
I use Vista and if it needs to be converted can someone show me a link to a really simple softwear package that i can use easily as i am not into computer stuff to that degree - simple is best for me- really simple please.
Thanks
E.

Panasonic FZ200 + Panasonic FZ38 + Macro & Tele Kit (DMW-LC55 + DMW-LT55 + DMW-LA5) Canon 60D +18-55mm lens+ 70-300mm lens.
eysha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2012, 9:04 PM   #88

Default Pana HD Hs700 -> DVD

I have tried just about every programme I can think of and tweaked them all with help from various forums. However I cannot get a DVD result that I am happy with. That is to say it's just a bit too flickery. That's not jerks and judders, caused by PC not being able to keep up etc. This frame-rate jitter.

I actually see the same thing on commercial TV and DVD from the shop, so I figured it was the limitations of the medium (and I could have used help from one of them when trying to tweak sometimes: it felt like smoke and mirrors from time to time )

BUT

I have used Pana's HD Writer to make a DVD, and the result was stunning ....far better than anything I have done, and nearly as smooth as the camera.

Unfortunately it editing power is pretty much zilch and you can't introduce disc byteage etc, so it is severely limiting for all other use.

So _somehow_ it can be done. Does anyone know how HD Writer does it.?

Any help really appreciated. I have spent many hours of frustration to get a disappointing result , from a source that is quite amazingly good to watch

Nick.
OldNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2012, 1:34 AM   #89

I just want to clear up. The problem is NOT at the conversion to mp4 etc. It's when it actually gets prepared to go to DVD (VideoTS, Audio TS, .vob files)

Nick
OldNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2012, 3:18 PM   #90

I use AVCHD Converter for Mac, and use highest settings available.

Also lets me put a watermark.
Nikon D600, D90, D70, N90s, FM2, Canon S3 1S, Panasonic FZ35; Nikon 18-105 VR, 28-70 2.8 Sigma, 35-70 Nikkor, 70-200 2.8 Sigma, 70-300 4-5.6 Sigma, 85 1.8D Nikkor, 55-300 4-5.6 Nikkor, Sigma 17-50 2.8.

Last edited by Franko170; Mar 11, 2012 at 3:20 PM.
Franko170 is offline   Reply With Quote