Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 3, 2010, 8:59 AM   #11

I look forward to see your videos.

Some of my stuff on vimeo (all shot with an FZ-35):
The tree: www.vimeo.com/11345662
with LC55 macro lens: www.vimeo.com/13884313
Zeeland: www.vimeo.com/14488204
The old mill: www.vimeo.com/14577326
autoHDR: www.vimeo.com/15797552
soccer kids: www.vimeo.com/17208358
christmas lights: www.vimeo.com/17912783

Joho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2010, 1:31 PM   #12

Default new video from FZ35

Dear all,

I posted another video on vimeo taken with the FZ35.

www.vimeo.com/11345662

I hope you enjoy it.

Old May 3, 2010, 4:37 PM   #13

Default PowerDirector 8 Deluxe

Hi Friends,

I'm looking for a VERY SIMPLE commercial video editing program for my FZ35 AVCHD clips. If possible, I would like a very straight forward system that is user friendly with a short learning curve. I will use it only a time or two each year.

I know there are many fine programs available and some of you have strong opinions on which is best etc. My take on editing is that I really don't need another hobby that keeps me hunched over a computer for hours.

A friend has recommended PowerDirector 8 Deluxe. It seems to have very good reviews on Amazon but some have commented that there are only the vaguest of instructions included and it was tough to initially learn.

Any of you using this program that could give me a comment?

Jack
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2010, 5:38 PM   #14

vegas has video tutorials built in that i found very helpful when i was getting started. you might want to check them out.
pcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2010, 6:50 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joho View Post
Let me point out that this is not SPAM. I am just excited about the video options of the FZ35 - using them to a full extent with vegas is fantastic and showing the results on vimeo and getting feedback is very motivating and encouraging.
Hi Joho.
I love your videos, really professional looking.
I also fully agree with you about Vimeo and Vegas. Both very good options for getting the best out of video footage, no matter what its shot on.
I like Vimeo as it seems a lot less cluttered than YT. It helps you concentrate on the video rather than loads of adds and stuff that's really not relevant and quite distracting IMO.

I aslo just posted in the AVCHD sticky about Vegas and the frame rate/re sampling bug that a lot of peopel miss. Let me know what you think about my post if you get the chance.
Thanks again for the great footage.

Dave.
fliplip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2010, 2:54 PM   #16

Hi Dave,

thanks for your positive feedback regarding my videos and your posting regarding the resampling. I realized this issue only very recently when I lowered the frame rate early on during editing and couldn't obtain smooth movements any longer. Does deactivating the resampling of the individual clips result in further improvements?

Old May 10, 2010, 3:49 PM   #17

Quote:
Hi Dave,

thanks for your positive feedback regarding my videos and your posting regarding the resampling. I realized this issue only very recently when I lowered the frame rate early on during editing and couldn't obtain smooth movements any longer. Does deactivating the resampling of the individual clips result in further improvements?
As far as i can see either disabling smart re sampling or setting the project to double PAL (or NTSC) has the same result. smoother fast movement.
Ive not noticed any downsides to using this double frame rate trick although ive only ever used my videos for on line and PC playback.

I just wish i had the talent (and time ) to shoot meaningful video's like yours, mine are mostly of the kids.

Keep em coming.

Dave.
fliplip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2010, 2:01 PM   #18

Here is another video from me shot exclusively with the FZ35:

www.vimeo.com/12102500

The footage was shot at Satzvey Castle.

Satzvey Castle is considered to be one of the best-preserved moated castles in Rhineland, Germany. It dates back to 1396 and is home to medieval festivals and an historic Christmas market.

The video covers the 30th anniversary of the Knights Festival at the castle involving local people to dress up as peasants and knights and live for a couple of days like in the Middle Ages.
Attached Images

Old May 28, 2010, 9:31 PM   #19

Quote:
Based on recommendations in the web I bought Vegas Movie Studio 9 Platinum Edition (about 70 bugs - that are well spent). Vegas allows you to import AVCHD lite files directly from the FZ35 onto your computer and into the editing program (open Vegas, connect your FZ35, klick 'import from AVCHD camcorder' - and in a couple of minutes you have hours of AVCHD footage on your PC - ready for editing).
Thanks for posting your info regarding Vegas MS9PE.

To clarify, are you able to edit the AVCHD Lite files without transcoding them to a different format first?

If so, after all editing is complete, what is the process in getting the edited timeline burned to a standard DVD for playback on a regular settop DVD player?

Thanks!
Skylark
skylark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2010, 2:00 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylark View Post
To clarify, are you able to edit the AVCHD Lite files without transcoding them to a different format first?

If so, after all editing is complete, what is the process in getting the edited timeline burned to a standard DVD for playback on a regular settop DVD player?
Hi skylark,

the AVCHD Lite files are directly imported into Vegas Movie Studio and you can edit them without previous transcoding into a different format.

For burning on a standard DVD you can choose DVD-NTSC or DVD-PAL as the output option in Vegas Movie Studio. The created file can be burned on DVD by the DVD architect that comes with Vegas Movie Studio. However, I prefer Nero for that - because the architect is somewhat complicated.

Looking at other videos from the FZ35 that are posted for example on youtube I have certainly the feeling that Vegas handles the AVCHD lite files very well - and produces great quality output files.

Joho