Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 13, 2010, 1:23 PM   #1

Default New Facebook group

The creator of the FZ Owners group here made reference to Facebook and it occurred to me that such an ancillary group might not be a bad idea. Ergo, I've created the Panasonic FZ Owners group on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=365393452551

This is not meant to compete with, but rather to augment participation in the Panasonic areas here.
It may serve to draw people who would ordinarily not browse camera forums into this one, and it may help turn non-FZ owners on to these models.

Also, there may be things you can do on the Facebook group that can't be done here, for whatever reason.

I'm leaving it up to the users here to determine what's done with it. Wow, you take precedence in the decision-making process! What more could you want?
Lazy Lens is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 13, 2010, 1:32 PM   #2

Not a bad idea...Member #2.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 7:28 PM   #3

Great idea - #3
chillgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2010, 1:46 AM   #4

Sounds good, will join.

Last edited by Paul O; Mar 14, 2010 at 1:48 AM.
Paul O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2010, 8:46 AM   #5

Apologies - I just left the Facebook Group, because I am not sure how to get around the privacy issues - my Facebook profile has many personal and private posts including those of my family - I do not wish to sound paranoid, but I do not wish my membership of web forums to have access to some of those details.

I do not want to discourage anyone from joining the Facebook group as this is a purely personal decision - in principle I think it is a great idea, and if anyone can help address my concerns I will happily rejoin.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 11:05 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillgreg View Post
Apologies - I just left the Facebook Group, because I am not sure how to get around the privacy issues - my Facebook profile has many personal and private posts including those of my family - I do not wish to sound paranoid, but I do not wish my membership of web forums to have access to some of those details.

I do not want to discourage anyone from joining the Facebook group as this is a purely personal decision - in principle I think it is a great idea, and if anyone can help address my concerns I will happily rejoin.
I'm not a FaceBook guru by any means, but I believe that:
If you go to "Account," "Privacy Settings," and then change the settings for both "Profile" and "Contact Information" to "Only Friends" (or whatever you prefer), you should be OK. Having a group in-common with people doesn't trump settings for being able to see Profile Information or Wall Posts, &c, as long as you have things set to "Friends Only." (You can also make advanced exceptions if you play with the settings). You can test this by rejoining and clicking on a member; my name for example, "Aaron B" - you should see very little info and a little box that says I restrict who can see my information and that we must be friends, blah, blah, blah.
If this doesn't work, please let us know!

Last edited by AaronB; Mar 14, 2010 at 11:08 AM.
AaronB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2010, 11:08 AM   #7

I suppose you could create a separate account for use when you want to go public. I have more than one -- since Firefox remembers my logins, it's just a matter of me entering the first letter in the desired account and two clicks after that I'm in.
Lazy Lens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2010, 11:05 PM   #8

Changed my mind. I've joined the group, as I'm using Facebook to post most of my photos.