Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 17, 2010, 10:33 PM   #1

Default FZ35 for $224 (2 months old)

From kernow @ DPR:

Update, picked up a 2 month old FZ35 with all the bits from B+H for $224 this morning. Those looking for good deals may want to check back several times a day. They had LX3s going for $259 - $299, and a couple of days ago they had FZ35s going for I think $235. Price seems to vary daily.

Oll an gwella,

Jim
chillgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 18, 2010, 12:42 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillgreg View Post
From kernow @ DPR:

Update, picked up a 2 month old FZ35 with all the bits from B+H for $224 this morning. Those looking for good deals may want to check back several times a day. They had LX3s going for $259 - $299, and a couple of days ago they had FZ35s going for I think $235. Price seems to vary daily.

Oll an gwella,

Jim
Sweet deal. Good luck...
Ancientritual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2010, 12:17 PM   #3

You may want to set-up a third part party warranty, such as a Mack Warranty, or a Square Deal warranty, as a used cameras, have no manufacturer's warranty on them.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2010, 1:24 PM   #4

Just to clarify, I have already got my FZ35 brand new in Oz, but this post highlighted someone that could not afford a new 35, and was facing getting a old used FZ8 etc. kernow found this deal and I wanted to pass it on to Steve's readers, in case anyone else was in a similar position. I think B&H offer a limited warranty, but not needing one myself, I didn't research the length and terms etc.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 2:08 PM   #5

These may be offered at discount because they are returns. (Very much like open box items typically found on the shelves at Frys Electronics & thus discounted.)

I guess my warning is to make sure that after receiving such a camera, be sure to thoroughly check it out. Cameras are quite complicated & there is lots & lots to test. These include all the function buttons for integrity & positive response to the cameras performance & ability across all the different modes/settings. Ordinarily it might take me months of dedicated testing to feel that Ive been able to fathom that the camera is working defect free (ie, within expected parametrics).
sdromel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2010, 2:17 PM   #6

Yes good advice. We don't have the return policy in Australia that I read about in the US. Here unless it's defective, you own it! The up-side is if you buy something here it's always 100% brand new, they have to sell it as used other wise.