Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 19, 2010, 10:52 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_peasant View Post
Pythons are cool. We used to have an African Rock Python. He was sizable, and a very grumpy nervous sort so not as much fun as some.

These are friendly long term captives. The only person they have bitten is me, and that is only if the overshoot the thawed mouse when I feed them by hand, so not an on purpose bite. We don't need a license here.

Regarding the focus; didn't try auto-lock. This shot was taken by stretching arm out and turning it to get head on my side of snake, and then shooting instantly before the snake stretched out towards the floor. Taking the time to totally focus usually means the head of the snake will no longer be in the frame. :-(

In the setup menu I change to Autolock button function to AF only. Then set burst mode to On. Change Quality to Standard so you can get 5 shots in burst mode (or is it 7 on the FZ28?)(you can't see any difference).

Then just hit the AF/AE Lock button when the snake is in range, and when it looks as though it is "posed" the way you want it, hold the shutter down till the burst finishes.. Hopefully you'll get a couple of nice keepers in sharp focus.
chillgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2010, 10:54 AM   #12

Does the FZ28 have the focus-tracking option?
chillgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2010, 11:44 AM   #13

Speaking of AF/AE, and for manual focus for that matter. I am left eye dominant, and for the last year my right eye is worthless due to Shingles on the optic nerve, so I have hold the camera up to my left eye. And AF/AE does not work for me because I cannot get to the button and still properly focus. I use the EVF as I cannot take pictures worth a darn with the LCD screen.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2010, 12:27 PM   #14

I'm am left eye dominant too, and have stopped using the LCD altogether.
I am far more comfortable using the EVF, and having it pressed up
against my face provides me with more stability too.
Regards
dbnnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2010, 2:37 PM   #15

Hey dbnnet nice shot of the RHINO. I too only use the EVF, it's clearer and I can aim better at my subject.
Paul O is offline   Reply With Quote