Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 19, 2010, 12:44 PM   #1

Default What's better than a new FZ35 in the mail?

Receiving a new replacement for a defective FZ35.

Hopefully the replacement will be in great shape. The first one I received had some stuff on the inside of the lens (probably from the manufacturing process).

I wanted to give some credit to Crutchfield for their customer service. I contacted them on Wednesday to let them know about the problem and they had a replacement out to me the same day, which I received this morning. They don't always have the very lowest price, but they are reasonably competitive and sometimes paying slightly more turns out to be worth it. Highly recommended.

Larry
Jazzer251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 19, 2010, 1:06 PM   #2

Congrats!!!!...
and yeah, this is not the first time I've heard great stuff about Crutchfield customer service.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzer251 View Post
Receiving a new replacement for a defective FZ35.

Hopefully the replacement will be in great shape. The first one I received had some stuff on the inside of the lens (probably from the manufacturing process).

I wanted to give some credit to Crutchfield for their customer service. I contacted them on Wednesday to let them know about the problem and they had a replacement out to me the same day, which I received this morning. They don't always have the very lowest price, but they are reasonably competitive and sometimes paying slightly more turns out to be worth it. Highly recommended.

Larry
mithunbabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2010, 1:08 PM   #3

Better service = more repeat customers. Never received a defective camera yet (knock on wood). The only problems I have encountered are the special deals. If you buy a camera they toss in an extra battery or memory card. Always receive the camera, but none of the extra stuff.
Ancientritual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2010, 1:42 PM   #4

Larry-

Congratulations! I am glad that the exchange went very smoothly.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2010, 2:14 PM   #5

Thanks all.

Ancientritual, the camera actually came with a "free" Panasonic case. I did receive it, but I don't find it particularly useful. Not their fault -- they delivered as promised.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 2:23 PM   #6

Congrats on recieveing your FZ35 Jazzer251, have lots of fun, if you don't mind please post a picture of the panny case. Thanx alot in advance.
Paul O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2010, 4:03 PM   #7

Default Case

Paul, as requested, here are some pictures of the Panny case. The first few are my pics, the last two are pics that were on amazon.com and show the features. It's very small and getting a camera in there is a tight squeeze. The model number is DMWSFZ8. It says it is a case for FZ cameras, but given the model, I suspect it was made originally for the FZ8.

As you can see, there is a zipped mesh pocket in the lid and a side zipped pocket for a spare battery. There is also a memory card pocket inside. The center seperator piece is sewn in on one side and attached by velcro on the other, so it is moveable. Oddly, there is no shoulder strap, just a belt loop in the back. I guess you are supposed to attach your camera strap to the buttoned loops on the side .

All in all, I guess it would work in a pinch, but it's not great in my opinion. Still, I can't really expect more for a giveaway.

Anybody have other case suggestions?

Larry
Attached Images

Old Mar 19, 2010, 9:02 PM   #8

That really is a nice good quality bag, pity it's so small, thanx for the foto's.This is the deal I got with my purchase of the FZ35:http://www.sacamera.co.za/product/10...B_Ultra_II_SD/
Old Mar 19, 2010, 9:23 PM   #9

Jazzer251 Here is test results of all filters, the FZ35, takes a 46mm thread.http://lenstip.com/113.1-article-UV_filters_test.html
Old Mar 19, 2010, 10:34 PM   #10

Thanks for the link, Paul. That's very helpful.

That looks like a pretty good little bundle you got. I'm going to look at a Lowepro bag for something a little more substantial. Maybe I'll use the Panny bag if I'm just running out close to home.

Larry