Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 21, 2010, 7:03 PM   #1

Default DP review AVCHD discussion

I was just over on the DP review forum and read a thread regarding a recent review of some Pany or other by Jeff Keller of DCRP. It was an amazing discussion with members calling each other names and bashing Jeff Keller for the nerve he had not to praise AVCHD more highly. Those of us that don't edit videos were basically called retards that shouldn't own a camera that took video in AVCHD.

There was so much rudeness in that thread that I had to rush back over here to get some good vibes. I feel like I just flew a combat mission and barely escaped with my life,......and the discussion is about camera reviews, for Pete's sake!

Not sure I'll venture back over to DP review again. I can easily make myself feel stupid. I don't need anyone with a computer to remind me.

Now, I need a martini!

Jack
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 21, 2010, 7:20 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Welcome back to the relative peace that is Steve's. I rarely venture to there, it's not the most fun place to check out due to some people. The problem is that with that and lots of other forums good info is missed when posted by the experts due to idiots posting rubbish.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2010, 7:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1616 View Post
Welcome back to the relative peace that is Steve's. I rarely venture to there, it's not the most fun place to check out due to some people. The problem is that with that and lots of other forums good info is missed when posted by the experts due to idiots posting rubbish.
The nice thing about Steve's place is that some real experts are willing to pass out info very patiently without trying to make anyone look stupid. This is simply a friendly, interesting and helpful place to come.

Jack
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2010, 7:56 PM   #4

You're 100% spot on Jack. The other forum sux!!!
chillgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2010, 1:58 AM   #5

The decent folk from that site are slowly migrating away to sites such as this one
But I think that there is a lesson to be learned: That site is where it is because of its own success. Too many of its members have become self appointed experts who will trash and shout down any opinion that differs to their own. This has led to a huge upswing in “trolls”, who derive their pleasure from driving them up the wall – The situation is now out of control. It also seems to have lost its direction and unwilling or unable to get their house in order (as a Review site...when did you last see a FZ review there?) and sadly its become a rather unpleasant experience to read much of the dribble posted there.
dbnnet is offline   Reply With Quote