Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 25, 2010, 8:49 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzer251 View Post
Thanks, Jack. Looks good. Which model fits the FZ35? Does it work with the lens hood on or don't you use it?

Cheeseboy and dbnet, I went to look at the Edit 110 tonight. It seemed like the camera fit in kind of awkwardly to me. Would one of you mind posting a couple of pictures when you get a chance showing how your camera and other accessories sit in the case? It would be most appreciated.

Thanks!
The one that fits is the "offset D". It's sort of a universal size for all of these superzooms. I have one on my Canon SX10 also.

They now make a "Nature" model which I like. It's sort of a camouflage pattern. Both of mine are black, which is all they made at the time.

Jack
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2010, 9:40 AM   #12

I am trying a couple of different setups now willreport back when I sort out the best one for my end use...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2010, 10:17 AM   #13

I use Delsey Cortex 1. It's a medium sized photo/video shoulder bag. I can fit FZ with hood on, my Panasonic video camera, plus batteries and tapes and IPod. And it looks casual enough LOL.
SteveMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2010, 1:50 PM   #14

Quote:
Would one of you mind posting a couple of pictures when you get a chance showing how your camera and other accessories sit in the case?
The EDIT 110 was the smallest bag I found for the FZ38/35.
For me this is important, as I travel quite a lot and need to be
as light and compact as possible. I use the side pockets for
the spare batteries. The top pocket is for the spare SHDC cards as well
as packets of Silica Gel which I always keep in the bag... that in
itself is another story

(cellphone quality image .... sorry).
Attached Images

Last edited by dbnnet; Mar 26, 2010 at 1:59 PM.
dbnnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2010, 1:58 PM   #15

Thanks very much! I figured that was really the best way to put the camera in there. I thought maybe I would be able to put it in on its side with the grip up, but it's not quite deep enough for that.

I just ordered some silica packs also. How many do you leave in your case (looks like 2 in the picture)? I need them for a trip to a humid environment.

Last edited by Jazzer251; Mar 26, 2010 at 2:04 PM.
Jazzer251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2010, 2:07 PM   #16

Jazzer251, Hi.
I keep 3 small packets in there... but normally the camera stays in a large
safe where I have a number of super sized ones! I'm right on the Indian
Ocean... can't get more humid than that. Tip: Every now and again, place
the packets in a warming oven for about 20 minutes or so - They can last
forever that way. I'm travelling to the Middle East soon .... pretty much won't need
the silica there ....... unless I want a permanent warming oven
Regards

Last edited by dbnnet; Mar 26, 2010 at 2:19 PM.
dbnnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2010, 6:13 PM   #17

After seeing Dbnnet's photo I have had another look at my case and realised that I actually have an Edit 100. This is quite a bit smaller that the 110. It will only fit the camera sideways with the grip up (which is what I wanted for easy access).

I am pretty sure it's the smallest one that will hold this camera as the fit is quite snug (but not too tight)
Attached Images

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cheeseboy2/
Comments appreciated.

Last edited by cheeseboy; Mar 30, 2010 at 8:00 PM.
cheeseboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2010, 8:14 PM   #18

It really depends for the dslr guys and gals. If we travel with more then one lens, we would most likely get a small sling bag that will fit the camera and say on lens. I have a crumpler 5 and 6 million dollar home, a tamrac velocity 5, and a canon backpack, so depending on the amount of stuff I carry. I chose the bag best suited for the job.

But if I were going use just my short lens, I would go for a simple case that protect just the camera and lens. This is what I use when only taking the kit lens. The is a little pocket that I can put a clean cloth and extra sdhc card.

http://www.amazon.de/digiETUI-Bereit...9994129&sr=1-1

Quote:
So here's a ridiculous question. The FZ35 is the first non-pocket sized camera that I have used. You get a decent case to protect it and hold some accessories and then go out for the day hiking, traveling or whatever. What do you do with your camera and case??

It seems a lot of people like to carry their camera around their neck for quick access -- so then what do you do with the other stuff. Do you take a backpack and throw your camera case in the pack along with all of your other things.

This may sound silly, but I'm actually considering what camera bag(s) to buy and I'm trying to envision what I will want to do when I am out for the day away from my car and want to have everything with me. Up until now, it has always been pretty easy -- I simply have a small backpack with all of the things I need to have with me and then clip a camera to my belt in a small case and grab it if I want to take a shot. The FZ35 is too big to comfortably wear on a belt, so hanging around the neck seems to make sense. If I am going to use a backpack anyway, maybe a small inexpensive case makes sense.

I imagine this is a much bigger issue for those with big DSLRs with multiple lenses. So, how do you handle it?
Old Apr 10, 2010, 9:52 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setter Dog View Post
You can use a tri-pod with no problem. The case has a little strap that attaches to the camera strap with a snap. It just hangs free when you are using the camera. It's quick to go on an off. I really like it.

Jack
Hi Jack. I picked up one of the Op Tech pouches and was curious about what you said attaches to your camera strap. Sound like you have some snap system. The one I received has a little plastic hook that I guess clips on to the camera strap or your belt. Is yours the same or have they changed the design a little.

By the way, thanks for the suggestion. It seems great for just grabbing and going. For now, I am going to use that plus the little bag that came for free with my camera in those instances where I may need a little bag. Usually I would have a small waist pack or backpack with me where I can store any accessories I might take, so I think the pouch alone will work great.
Jazzer251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2010, 10:51 AM   #20

Quote:
Hi Jack. I picked up one of the Op Tech pouches and was curious about what you said attaches to your camera strap. Sound like you have some snap system. The one I received has a little plastic hook that I guess clips on to the camera strap or your belt. Is yours the same or have they changed the design a little.

By the way, thanks for the suggestion. It seems great for just grabbing and going. For now, I am going to use that plus the little bag that came for free with my camera in those instances where I may need a little bag. Usually I would have a small waist pack or backpack with me where I can store any accessories I might take, so I think the pouch alone will work great.
Jazzer,

Yes, the little plastic hook is attached to the camera strap. I put a little piece of black tape around the hook opening to keep it on. The case actually fell off once. I love these things. I dropped my FZ28 about a year ago while I was unloading my car. I have to think the little case kept it from being badly damaged as it bounced off the concrete driveway.

Jack
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote