Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 31, 2010, 10:32 AM   #1

Default YAFZO ( Yet another FZ35 owner :)

Hi!

I'm kind of new to these forums, but not new to steves-digicams itself. I actually used Steve's advice to buy my first and only (till now) digital camera in 2005 (Casio EX-Z750) which served me very well for all those years.

In a quest for a new camera I stopped on FZ35 after reading lots of reviews. And then steves-digicams came to my mind. Surprisingly, there was no review of this camera there, but FZ35 users here on the forum said it all

Now I finally got my FZ35 after waiting over a month for it to arrive (ridiculous postal service here in Russia) and actually started a "for sale" thread on a local forum as I was so desperate waiting for it to arrive that I ordered Canon 550D a few days ago

But coming back here and looking at the pictures people are making with their FZs, something clicked inside me, so I closed the "for sale" thread and started unboxing Charging the battery while I'm writing this

First impressions are very good. It's smaller than I expected (even after seeing dozens of pictures in peoples hands!). And very light, but heavy enough to not feel cheap. Looks professional too

There is not much to shoot where I live (boring, IMO), but I'll try to capture sunrise or sunset for you guys which are often quite nice here.
Also, I should have some pics of Singapore by the mid-June. Till then I have plenty to learn.

-- Vitaly
vitalyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 31, 2010, 10:48 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalyx View Post
Surprisingly, there was no review of this camera there
Vitaly, Hi - A new FZ35 Review was posted on this site a few day ago:
http://www.steves-digicams.com/camer...35-review.html

Well done on the purchase of your FZ38/35, you will certainly enjoy this camera!
Regards
dbnnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2010, 10:49 AM   #3

Go for it Vitaly you will be pleasantly surprised...I have been neglecting my Canon 7D utilising the FZ35 is a joy and a fresh challenge for me...

There is always something to shoot especially with the Macro Mode...we would love to see some pic's of the everyday life in Russia...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2010, 11:09 AM   #4

Vitaly-ere are you located?

Welcome back to Steve's Forum and to the Panasonic P+S folder. Congratulations on your FZ-35/38, I the am sure that you will enjoy your new camera. Where are you located in Russia?

I have often visited St. Petersburg. During the summer season we were there every 14 days from May through September.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2010, 11:14 AM   #5

Greetings Vitaly - from Russia - WOW an international cast of FZ35/38 users continues to grow.
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2010, 12:40 PM   #6

Thank you everybody!

Sarah, I'm from Voronezh (Craw City in literate translation).
St. Petersburg is very nice. Wow, several times there and for two weeks! Makes me a bit envious I've been there just once and for just 3 days. It's definitely more interesting than Moscow.

LTZ40 Very reassuring, thanks!
Old Apr 11, 2010, 11:51 AM   #7

Finally made a shot that I think is worth sharing. First real signs of spring begin to show up here:

Old Apr 11, 2010, 12:15 PM   #8

Those are really neat looking flowers. Do you know the name?

Have Fun - Be Nice - Don't Break Anything
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2010, 12:55 PM   #9

Thanks. Asked my farther. They are called Проліски in Ukrainian. But I don't know their English or Russian name.

People often confuse them with Galanthus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galanthus), which they are not.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 1:20 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalyx View Post
Thanks. Asked my farther. They are called Проліски in Ukrainian. But I don't know their English or Russian name.

People often confuse them with Galanthus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galanthus), which they are not.
Snowdrops
chillgreg is offline   Reply With Quote