Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 16, 2010, 7:37 PM   #31

Jack - this is better than a prune lens cap - try to find a thin small mirror that would fit in the Delkin "shade" - that way you can open the shade, look in the mirror at the LCD when you have that "odd angle" shot. Sort of a poor man's flip out LCD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setter Dog View Post
I bought one of the Delkins from Amazon and installed it on my FZ35. There is no doubt that it will protect the LCD. It also seems to make the camera more "complete". I like it and used my LCD outdoors at a kids ball game yesterday. It's one of the few times I've used the LCD outdoors. It wasn't that sunny but I found that the Delkin did not deteriorate the LCD image at all. This is one gadget that lives up to the hype.

The Delkin weighs next to nothing but is built very well. I'm pleased. Thanks again to those that recommended this nice product.

Jack

Have Fun - Be Nice - Don't Break Anything
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2010, 7:53 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint501 View Post
Jack - this is better than a prune lens cap - try to find a thin small mirror that would fit in the Delkin "shade" - that way you can open the shade, look in the mirror at the LCD when you have that "odd angle" shot. Sort of a poor man's flip out LCD.
Thanks, Clint! That's the kind of idea people really flip over! I'll certainly look into it!
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2010, 8:11 PM   #33

Clint would the small mirror from your mascara case fit?
chillgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2010, 6:02 AM   #34

I had my new FZ35 10 min when I noticed smuges all over the lcd. The Delkin looks like the answer. Thanks again guys you are all a foutain of info.

Richie
richie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2010, 7:35 AM   #35

That's what I was wondering. I don't have the shade on my camera but that's what I'd try first. I think it would work great it the shade would flip up 180 degrees (or close to it). I'd just turn the camera upside down for those hard to see artsie macro shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillgreg View Post
Clint would the small mirror from your mascara case fit?

Have Fun - Be Nice - Don't Break Anything
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2010, 10:10 AM   #36

That's a great idea Clint, although you would have to find a pretty thin piece of glass, but it's still a great idea.

Setter...... I'm glad my pics and recommendations helped someone on the forum, I really do like mine even though I use it in the closed position most of the time and just use the EVF, but it keeps the camera clean and it is virtually impossible to scratch the lcd screen with the Delkin on, even with the shade popped up. I've been very pleased with mine.
Dirtbmw20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2010, 10:25 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbmw20 View Post
That's a great idea Clint, although you would have to find a pretty thin piece of glass, but it's still a great idea.

Setter...... I'm glad my pics and recommendations helped someone on the forum, I really do like mine even though I use it in the closed position most of the time and just use the EVF, but it keeps the camera clean and it is virtually impossible to scratch the lcd screen with the Delkin on, even with the shade popped up. I've been very pleased with mine.
Dirt,

One of my old coot buddies asked about the Delkin and I sent him over to this thread. He said to thank you for all the pictures. He also added that he thinks it's best to separate the hood from the base before installing since it makes alignment easier. Once the thing is attached to the camera, it's there to stay. The adhesive is amazing.

Jack
Old Apr 17, 2010, 7:06 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setter Dog View Post
Dirt,

One of my old coot buddies asked about the Delkin and I sent him over to this thread. He said to thank you for all the pictures. He also added that he thinks it's best to separate the hood from the base before installing since it makes alignment easier. Once the thing is attached to the camera, it's there to stay. The adhesive is amazing.

Jack
Sounds like you're really stuck on this idea Jack.
chillgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2010, 10:41 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillgreg View Post
Sounds like you're really stuck on this idea Jack.
Yes, I've flipped over this thing,...wondering if the forum should make this thread a sticky?

Jack
Old Apr 17, 2010, 11:44 PM   #40

I use a screen protector on all of my LCD devices, including my cell phone. if you want to save a few bucks, head down to AC Moore. They sell some clear adhesive 8.5x11 sheets (2 in a package) for $6. They have a slight haze to them when they are new but a little moisture and wiping makes them smooth and shiny. This happens naturally if you keep your phone, camera, etc in your pocket. When you remove them, they leave no residue at all.
FiveO is offline   Reply With Quote