Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 6, 2010, 9:00 PM   #1

Default FZ-35 Live Video Out!

Hello Folks!

So I was rummaging through my "junk drawer" when I found my old crappy EasyCAP USB video capture device, I figured I would play around with it again so I installed it, and while I was installing it my FZ35 caught my eye and I wondered... remote live view?

Turns out my wondering was right, I plugged the Composite cable into the FZ-35 and into the EasyCAP and it works! Well, the sound didn't, but the sound never worked with my EasyCAP anyways.

I don't know if it works with the HDMI cable, since I don't have that cable or an HDMI capable capture device, but I assume it does.

This means if you have a video capture device, you could use the FZ35 as a very expensive webcam, lol.

I intend to use it for remote viewing on a GigaPan clone I am working on, it might also help if you want to set up the camera out in the open, and hide behind some bushes or something and remotely trigger it. Just some ideas.

P.S. I am happy because I asked Panasonic about this feature, and they had said no it wasn't possible.
AtariJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 7, 2010, 7:23 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtariJedi View Post
Hello Folks!

This means if you have a video capture device, you could use the FZ35 as a very expensive webcam, lol.
Hopefully soon they will be putting firewire ports on the cameras. But never thought to couple it to a capture device.
Chris0383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2010, 5:07 PM   #3

Nah Chris, Firewire is dead in the water, unfortunately. USB 3.0 is coming real son...

Atari great news!. That would be awesome if it worked with HDMI and full Dolby sound. Very few cameras offer remote control/view. Geez I think my old Canon A40 did though...
chillgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2010, 3:37 PM   #4

Thats great news!Ive always wanted to have that possibility,
been trying that with my last two mobile phones , it never worked
and I remeber I was videocapturing somewhere like 5 years ago with my first digital camera, Trust

since then Ive had like 5 or 6 cameras in my hands for a longer time , none of them could do that.
hrvoje xyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2010, 1:44 PM   #5

Default Live video out composite?

Heya. How did you get the live output directed out composite? I've been able to see the video browse mode... video playback, images, etc, but not live video. Do you remember what settings were made to have live video be recordable?
benow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2010, 4:15 AM   #6

Default Same, I can not get live video out

Same, I can not get live video out, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
chris.myatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2010, 4:43 AM   #7

I have not tried it with the FZ-35, but I have a Sony D420 filmcamera, which connects on the same way as the FZ-35. When it was connected to the pc, and after detecting it, it was right away in my list of available webcam-devices. I tricked a friend of mine by just playing back something I recorded, and he fell for it, lol. But I'm not sure if it works the same way with the FZ-35.

PS. I did not try HDMI, as the Sony camera doesn't have that slot.
Honnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2010, 5:46 AM   #8

Did you resolve this? I have the same problem.

USB works as a direct connection but I am wanting composite video so that I can have the camera on a jib with a small monitor down the bottom.

Last edited by chris.myatt; Aug 16, 2010 at 5:48 AM.
chris.myatt is offline   Reply With Quote