Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 7, 2010, 8:50 AM   #1

Default Cokin creative filter kit and the FZ35.??????

I ordered the FZ35 and was wondering if the Cokin kit would work on the FZ35. I have a couple hundred $ invested in the Cokin filters from my film SLR's that I would love to be able to use again.

Would I be able to mount it to the outer lens barrel and not the actual lens? what is the thread size for that outer ring? If nothing else I could use it for the modular lens hood. I could mount it to the lens after it was powered on but I would need to make sure i remember to remove it before shutting it off.

Thanks
joekelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 7, 2010, 9:53 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by joekelli View Post
I ordered the FZ35 and was wondering if the Cokin kit would work on the FZ35. I have a couple hundred $ invested in the Cokin filters from my film SLR's that I would love to be able to use again.

Would I be able to mount it to the outer lens barrel and not the actual lens? what is the thread size for that outer ring? If nothing else I could use it for the modular lens hood. I could mount it to the lens after it was powered on but I would need to make sure i remember to remove it before shutting it off.

Thanks
46mm on the end of the lens barrel
55.8mm on the outer ring

The lens barrel extends beyond the outer ring as much as an inch
at 18x zoom, and just turning on the camera, the lens barrel
extends 1/4 inch beyond the outer ring
will1384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2010, 9:32 AM   #3

If you want to do this, you might consider the Pemaraal PA62E adapter. Although it is used as a replacement for the DMW-LA3 adapter for attaching teleconverters etc. another (and the main stated use on the website, is to allow for semi-permanent installation of filters without interfering with the zoom capability. I think there is an issue with the newer 27mm (versus 28mm) wideangle lenses that would require a minor adjustment. I would think you might need a step-up/step-down ring for the adapter for your specific filter sizes, but it is certainly cheaper than investing in a whole new filter set.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 2:52 PM   #4

I just pulled out my Cokin set and look what fits in it perfectly!!! If you have a filter in the last slot you can only zoom to 6x but I can at least play around with my filters again!!!!!!!!

joekelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2012, 7:04 AM   #5

Hello! I have the same camera and what looks to be the same plastic ring (came with the camera) can you tell me which series Cokin you have and what size cokin adapter you use? thanks! P.S. I attached below a link to my thread here on this forum showing my camera and the plastic ring.

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/pa...umix-fz35.html
chris728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2012, 8:01 AM   #6

Just to add a note of caution. The ND set from Cokin introduces quite a magenta cast. I wasted a lot of money.
frank-in-toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2012, 2:45 PM   #7

Yeah I just searched and looked at the results, its kinda strange I bought a ND4 filter online but its not a true cokin filter, bought it just to play around with, only costed a couple bucks so no biggie. But I will try to post the results of the filter.
chris728 is offline   Reply With Quote