Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 8, 2010, 12:59 AM   #1

Default Panorama Assist Mode

Haven't seen any posts / threads on it so far. Has anyone used it and what did you think of it ??? I've been playing with it and I think it's kinda neat. When taking pics inside a building, it adds a curvature at the top of the pic but outdoors I really like it. Here are a few sample shots.

This is a place my papaw use to take me to 35 years ago and we use to walk up there and get his daily paper and he would always let me throw coins into the little pond. Of course 35 years ago, it was completely different, it has been recently rebuilt and modernized over the last few years. I wish I had pics of the OLD one, it was small and would surely fit in one frame, although now it is alot nicer, bigger, and still brings back great memories for me everytime I ride by it. Here is a shot in the day and a shot in the night, both took 2 shots that were stiched together........

Dirtbmw20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 8, 2010, 1:02 AM   #2

Here is another one of a touch and smell garden at a little park down the road from my house. I just stood at the little gate at the beginning, and it took 3 shots stiched together to make this one...........

Old Apr 8, 2010, 1:08 AM   #3

And these will be the last ones. At my work, we are currently building another shop, here are some before and after pics of inside the shop, these are the pics where you can see the curvature at the top, the beams up top are actually straight across and not curved like it appears in the pics.....

One OLD lift still in the shop, it got taken out completely.........

And after TEN brand new lifts are installed in the new shop........................

I'll post some more as we progress, and we are progressing fast,lol. I'll post pics of my parts room and parts counter later in the week. Thanks for looking.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 3:54 AM   #4

The stitching looks clean anyway. It will be interesting to see if you can workaround the distortion issue. Thanks for the pics.
FiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2010, 5:14 AM   #5

Distortion is caused by the wide angle. Try zooming in just a little, then taking 4 or 5 pics to get the same shot. Also try using the camera sideways rather than normal.
chillgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2010, 1:08 PM   #6

I've tried a few panos and they were okay. Overlapping up the items in the previous frame was a little frustrating when using the EVF. A friend advised not to worry with that, to just eyeball some overlap and the pano would be okay. He was right.

Gregs idea to hold the camera sideways interests me. You might be able to get a four shot pano that wouldn't be flattened out during the stitching. I think this mode will be worthwhile in Yellowstone this summer.
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote