Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 11, 2010, 12:41 PM   #1

Default Not Fun-Frustrated Conclusion

Made up my mind.

With some regret I will try to return the LT55 and adapter or sell it. (Let me know if you're interested - free shipping!!)

Even though I may want all my shots to National Geographic moments, I'm more into the "fun: aspect. Point and shoot is much more convenient for me at this stage. The FZ35 does all of that and much more. I really like it.
My sister and son just bought one also.

I think Ozzie and Harriet's egg (or eggs) hatched!!! A lot of nest activity - coming and going of both hawks.

Here's hoping I can get a few pics of a hot chick!!

Have Fun - Be Nice - Don't Break Anything
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 11, 2010, 1:44 PM   #2

try the Oly TCON-17 if you fancy giving another teleconverter a go. I've had good results with mine (although I am not sure now whether image quality has reduced since I got water into the TCON unit which has left a rather nasty mark in the centre). What do you think? This one was taken post "the incident".

kittykat23uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2010, 1:56 PM   #3

Sorry it didn't work out for you Clint, but the FZ35 is very capable without the LT-55 also...I like to bird and nature and the extended zoom really works for me...

I found only use the LT-55 to the minimum zoom required: i was taking pictures with it set on 3Mp all the time so I always had the extra zoom in "reserve" just in case something came along that was quite a distance, but then reallized whatever I shoot with it only use the zoom thats required to fill the frame...I.E. if you can fill the view finder at 8Mp (22.1X) then utilize it for the shot not 5Mp or 3Mp...so it has functioned well for me...
I thought I would start a thread with ONLY FZ35 shots made with the LT-55 attached?...Would that give some ideas on it's capabilities and limitations? Again sorry you spent that much money, but I am sure you can return it, thats also why I buy from Amazon alot even if it's a few more bucks as I can return items easily for just the cost of shipping...

Have fun with that FZ-35 and lets see those baby chicks!
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2010, 2:29 PM   #4

Please don't be discouraged, Clint-

I have had more than a few accessories that did not work out as I had hoped. It happens! KityKat's photo sample using the TCon looks pretty good.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2010, 3:05 PM   #5

LT - I found a place in Florida that I "thought" had the T-Conn17 but after a few days they finally told me that it was back ordered and take about 6 weeks or more. So I asked if they had the LT55. Their price was competitive so I substituted. I'll call tomorrow about returning it.

Thanks to all that have contributed to this. I appreciate the help.

KityKat - that's a great shot - I can't see any "watermark".

Sarah - I'm not discouraged. It's a good learning experience.

Old Apr 11, 2010, 4:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittykat23uk View Post
try the Oly TCON-17 if you fancy giving another teleconverter a go. I've had good results with mine (although I am not sure now whether image quality has reduced since I got water into the TCON unit which has left a rather nasty mark in the centre). What do you think? This one was taken post "the incident".
Kittykat I have seen your photos more than once and you have some great pictures!...we could all learn a lot from your BIF experience...wheres the best place to find some of your tips on tracking and shooting BIF?
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2010, 6:18 PM   #7

Don't be a Turkey; keep trying.

Both at 18x zoom with TCON-17. Hand held.

Or is it a pheseant
Attached Images

Last edited by Chris0383; Apr 11, 2010 at 6:21 PM.
Chris0383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2010, 6:50 PM   #8

I'd gobble up that advice but since I still have the LT55 I'd be Robin Peter to pay Paul.

Old Apr 11, 2010, 9:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint501 View Post
I'd gobble up that advice but since I still have the LT55 I'd be Robin Peter to pay Paul.
On a wing and a prayer Clint...
chillgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2010, 10:53 PM   #10

Perhaps this is a situation requiring something like the new Fuji HS-10 which has 30X optical zoom. It looks to be the replacement for the Sony HX-1 and perhaps the FZ-35 as well, if Panasonic does not increase the optical zoom on the FZ-35's replacement.

Sarah Jpoyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote