Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 15, 2010, 3:24 PM   #1

Default Problem With Photofun 4.0HD

Installed software on my desktop and laptop both running most recent WindowsXP. On desktop computer, at end of install all my photos loaded and file tree shows up on left of screen. On my laptop, no photos loaded and nothing shows up on home screen even though "My Pictures" folder is default location for my pictures under "settings". Tried reinstalling with same result. Panasonic support has no answer after 2 days! HELP
AHARRAPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 15, 2010, 3:44 PM   #2

ooohh that's a yukky one. Have you installed Windows XP Service Pack 3 on both computers? Have you downloaded the latest version of PFS (released a few weeks back)

It sounds like more of a windows problem than a PFS issue.

I've just upgraded 3 computers to Windows 7, including 2 old ones that had Windows XP. As long as you have 1GB RAM, Windows 7 will run as fast as, if not faster, than Windows XP, and you will have a far superior experience when it comes to anything media related.

My strong recommendation if you can afford it, is to upgrade to Windows 7. There was a retail family pack that includes 3 licences released last year, I managed to find some left (in Australia), it was about half the price of buying individual copies. NB. Windows XP -> Windows 7 requires a fresh install, so all you files and programs will have to be backed up first. (ulness you can obtain a temporary copy of Vista, which can be upgraded, but that's the long way round and not really recommended)

Long asnwer for short question, but I hope something in there is of some help

Cheers
Greg
chillgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2010, 3:46 PM   #3

Addendum: Can you see the files in Windows Explorer on the laptop, and just not in PFS?
Old Apr 15, 2010, 4:06 PM   #4

Default Re Photfun problem

Both computers have service pack 3 for XP and I have the latest Photofun version. Picture Files/folders show up on Windows Explorer-they just didn't register with Photfun. I also have Picassa and Photoshop Elements 3 witchwork fine on the laptop.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 4:24 PM   #5

In PFS, have you selected Video files or all media files in the browser? I think there's a setting to only display videos, hence pictures would not display.

Try unistalling with Revo uninstaller (free), then run CC cleaner on your registry. Then run sfc.exe (Windows System File Checker) at the command prompt. Then reboot and reinstall.

Also the obvious question, do you have antivirus/firewall software installed and up-to-date? Have you run Spybot or similar to see if you have any malware?

Also forget Panasonic - is there an email support link on the PFS web page??

Last edited by chillgreg; Apr 15, 2010 at 4:27 PM.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 5:16 PM   #6

Default This Forum Must Have Magical Powers

Well, after posting my problem with PFS I decided to download some photos from one of my cameras to my laptop (to Photoshop Elements and Picassa). I connected my card reader and as expected everything worked fine with those programs. I was thinking at that point I would uninstall and reinstall PFS one more time, but before doing that I decided to open PFS again to see if it would at least recognize the cardreader and SD card.

Well, magically it decided to do what it wouldn't do at least 4 or 5 other times-it started to automatically register all the photos on my computer. I didn't change any settings-it just started to work. It also recognized all my drives and folders. Hopefully that is the end of my problem, but I have no idea why it all of a sudden seems to be working properly. Maybe it has something to do with tax day. Thanks for the input I received so far.