Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 19, 2010, 9:52 PM   #11

FZ35 are strongly built cameras, look at the FZ28 & FZ18 & FZ50 still going strong. I don't see the need to buy 2 or 3 to store, what if a new FZ is releast better and stronger then you going to purchase 3 of those units too.I'll keep my camera for 5 year and then search the market for new up and coming models, if my FZ is still going strong by then then it becomes secondary camera. I still have my Pentax bit worn but can still take an odd shot now & again.
Paul O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2010, 11:11 PM   #12

I doubt LT stores his cameras. From a previous post I recall he has multiple conversion lens setups for use in the field; also I believe he travels a lot and takes the "standard" model with him. No doubt he will speak on his own behalf upon his return post...perhaps he has bought one for a gift? Each to their own I say! Whatever his methodology or logic or personal choice - his photos are awesome!
chillgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2010, 5:14 AM   #13

Correct Greg we have several cameras around for different functions from travel to cruises...Canon 7D, 300D, Sanyo HD1010 and E2, Panny TS-1, T6000 Oly, FLip Video, VIO-POV1 and probably a few more!...lol...
Here's a video of me "doing my own stuntwork" in West Texas Sand Dunes with the HD1010:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xB8XtOB4iI

My wife took this with the 300D in Mescalero Dunes New Mexico when I was cruising over some of the dunes...
Attached Images

Last edited by LTZ470; Apr 20, 2010 at 5:27 AM.
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2010, 5:28 AM   #14

Great photo LT - pity that bike got in the way!
chillgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2010, 5:42 AM   #15

Main point with the FZ35 is it is cheap, effective, light, manageable, and if I do drop it or get it damaged or stolen it is expendable compared to carrying an expensive heavy Canon Camera/Lens setup...even the HD1010 we have utilised on the Polaris RZR we drive in the dunes and we mount it on the roll bar, I think I am going to mount the FZ35 on the roll bar and shoot some video with it and see how it responds as well...I use the VIO-POV1 when I am on the Quad riding almost 100% of the time...
I am definitely really liking the easy to use FZ35 and it will go on ALL of our Mountain Bike expeditions due to size, quality, functions...we even have a camera mount on the Mtb Bikes to film as we ride...really diggin the functionality of the FZ35...I keep finding things I am impressed with the more I use it...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote