Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 22, 2010, 5:22 PM   #1

Default Off to Colorado Springs

Off to Colorado Springs - be gone a few from the forum - a nice hotel but they want to charge 9.95 a day for internet access - so being cheap - forum actions will be limited for a while.

But I have my FZ35 and hope to get a few pictures

Have Fun - Be Nice - Don't Break Anything
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 22, 2010, 6:02 PM   #2

I would love to see pics when you get back. I was born there, but my parents then moved to Hawaii when I was only 3 months old.
tallymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2010, 6:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint501 View Post
Off to Colorado Springs - be gone a few from the forum - a nice hotel but they want to charge 9.95 a day for internet access - so being cheap - forum actions will be limited for a while.

But I have my FZ35 and hope to get a few pictures
Tell them you are a visiting Photojournalist and will give the hotel a mention and some photos on the forum with 136398 members. I'm sure Mark1616 will give you a reference Then they'll comp you the internet access I'm sure
chillgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2010, 8:05 PM   #4

Clint-

Plan to include a visit to the U.S. Air Force Academy while visiting Colorado Springs. It is very impressive to visit with lots of photo opportunities. Two of our children graduated from the Academy, so we have made numerous visits.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2010, 9:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
Clint-

Plan to include a visit to the U.S. Air Force Academy while visiting Colorado Springs. It is very impressive to visit with lots of photo opportunities. Two of our children graduated from the Academy, so we have made numerous visits.

Sarah Joyce
Wow,...I was in the fly by of F-104s for the first USAF Academy graduation in 1959! We were treated like kings by the cadets,....I almost went there myself but was unwilling to give up the two years I already had invested in college at Purdue. I had the honor of training about a dozen AF Academy grads in the F-105, including Karl Richter, Medal of Honor winner. They named a building after him at the academy. Please do me a favor and thank your children for their service to our country.

Jack
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2010, 9:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setter Dog View Post
Wow,...I was in the fly by of F-104s for the first USAF Academy graduation in 1959! We were treated like kings by the cadets,....I almost went there myself but was unwilling to give up the two years I already had invested in college at Purdue. I had the honor of training about a dozen AF Academy grads in the F-105, including Karl Richter, Medal of Honor winner. They named a building after him at the academy. Please do me a favor and thank your children for their service to our country.

Jack
I'd love to see any photos you have of your service days Jack, if you'd be comfortable to share.

Greg
chillgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2010, 7:01 AM   #7

Don't miss the Dinosaur Museum at Woodland Park...Manitou Springs...Pikes Peak...love that place up there!
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2010, 9:45 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillgreg View Post
I'd love to see any photos you have of your service days Jack, if you'd be comfortable to share.

Greg
Hi Greg,.....I don't have many but would be happy to email a few to you with explanations of what and when. PM sent to you a few minutes ago.

Jack
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2010, 2:25 PM   #9

Clint: $10 a day for internet access is a robbery! They charged me $6 a night once in a crappy discount hotel in Vancouver. So I paid it but then I plugged a wireless router into the jack and shared out the connection with everyone else that was staying with us so nobody else had to pay. Was a really fast (>T1) connection but it was still a robbery.

Last time I was in Colorado on a budget we managed to scrape up a bargin/find for local Aurora hotels online.

Seems like that's the best strategy either way, since I hate paying the asking price for anything. Even if you have something in mind, go get some prices and haggle a bit before you book.

Here's a shot from the area I wish I'd taken (I've never been there during a storm):
I ask people why they have deer heads on their walls. They always say because it's such a beautiful animal. There you go. I think my mother is attractive, but I have photographs of her. - Ellen DeGeneres
kgfouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2010, 5:51 PM   #10

I took my net book over to my sons house and got it connected so I can use it there.
They live on the base at Ft Carson at the base of Cheyenne Mt. (NORAD).

Today it's snowed, fog, sunny and now wind.
Hope we can get tot the top of Pikes Peak this time.

Have Fun - Be Nice - Don't Break Anything
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote