Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 24, 2010, 9:40 AM   #1

Default Waiting with bated breath for fz35

Dear friends, I have gone through this section with so much interest for the last few months and come to a conclusion that Panasonic fz35 is the camera I should buy for my requirements. I am interested in taking pictures of natural scenery, portraits and some sports photos too. This morning I ordered for Panasonic fz35 and will be getting it in a week's time. I salute all who has brought the best out of this little gem. I even request you to send your best raw/jpeg images to me personally if you are able to do so. Looking forward to your reply. My email id is [email protected]. bye for now.
levicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 24, 2010, 11:08 AM   #2

levicus-

Congratulations on your choice of the Panasonic FZ-35/38 camera and welcome to the Forum and to the Panasonic P+S Folder.

The FZ-35/38 is a great camera and we are all sure that you will have a wonderful experience with your new camera. You have already see the energy, and sharing along with the photo samples in this folder. We have a fine group of FZ-35/38 users.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2010, 11:39 AM   #3

Default Thanks

It is very kind of you Sarah to encourage me as you did all others. I am a great fan of your photographs and in fact you are one of the main inspirations for me to buy this camera. Often I wondered how beautifully u brought out scintilating images from fz35. Let me thank you for your nice words. I assure u and other members that I shall definitely post the images I take for your comments and criticism. Bye for now

Last edited by levicus; Apr 24, 2010 at 11:41 AM.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 6:56 AM   #4

Default Clarification on Memory Card Needed

Can we use Lexar Professional 4GB card with 133x speed per second as memory card for panosonic fz 35? Is it true that this card is rated class 10?. If any one knows, please let me know as I have to buy a card soon. thank you in advance.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 7:45 AM   #5

Just googling +FX35 +"CLASS 10", I am seeing you can use a class 10 cards as people are recommending a class 6 or higher card to be used for taking video with the camera with class 10 specifically being asked about.

The question that comes up is if the FZ35 can take advantage of the higher rated card.
Chris0383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2010, 8:29 AM   #6

The 2 main benefits of using a faster card, are uninterrupted video capture, and the number of shots recorded continuously in the High Speed Burst mode.

Technically, the camera would probably still take photos with an old 256MB SD Card (Class1?), although the video probably wouldn't function.

Although the industry has settled on the Class system for it's own nomenclature (some say dubiously for marketing reasons), many test sites find big differences between otherwise similarly specc'd cards. For instance, some Class 4 cards are faster than Class 6 cards!

The important statistic is not the read speed, but the average write speed.

I googled and found an excellent recent comparison at Tom's Hardware. Hence I purchased a 16GB Silicon Power Class 10 SDHC card (new release), which is only $4 more than their Class 6 card. In their tests, it's write speed was 3rd out of a group of 10 brands, beating some much more expensive cards.

So if shopping retail, I suggest you either buy a Class 6 or Class 10 reputable brand eg Sandisk, Toshiba, Panasonic or Lexar, or if off the internet do some research to ensure you get a genuine card and not a fake.

Officially Panasonic recommends Class 6 or better for the FZ35/8.

Cheers
Greg
chillgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2010, 10:22 AM   #7

Thank you chris0383 and chillgreg for your suggestions
Old Apr 25, 2010, 11:19 AM   #8

I use a Patriot 16GB class 6 card with no issues .

Last edited by tallymom; Apr 26, 2010 at 7:28 PM.
tallymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2010, 8:41 AM   #9

I have a Patriot 8gb class 6 card and a A-data 8gb class 6 card and they both work great and have no issue with taking video. I prefer to have 2 cards instead of one big card just in case a card goes bad. I would hate to miss a shot because I didnt have a card! (I know there is 40mb built in)
HDMI cable- Monoprice.com
UV filter- HOYA
Tripod- Slik AF1000(U-212)
Case- Targus
joekelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2010, 10:08 AM   #10

As you mentioned joekelli, two 8gbs are better than one 16gb. It has just dawned on me after reading your message. thank you.