Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 3, 2003, 11:35 PM   #1

Default DMW-LTZ10 availability in the USA?

Has there been any mention of the DMW-LTZ10 1.5x teleconverter for the USA market? I'm currently using a B300 with the FZ-1, and I'd like to have that extra zoom reach for aviation and nature shots.

I was surprised to see that the B300 works okay with the FZ-10, with just a little vignetting, given the need for a 72 to 55mm step-down ring.

And if the DMW-LTZ10 lens costs as much in the USA as it does in Japan (translating Amazon.com.jp's price to USD brings up a price of about $380!), it may be a moot point, as at that price I'd stick with the B300 anyway.
dennya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 7, 2003, 1:29 PM   #2

Panasonic Bob? Any word?

Doesn't look like the flash that's recommended for the FZ-10 in the manual is available either.
Old Dec 7, 2003, 7:19 PM   #3

The falsh DMW-FL28 is available. I purchased one from B&H Photo. The cost is around $150.00. It seems to work fine. I'm sure that other retailer have the flash also.
soaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2003, 7:37 PM   #4

Thanks, Soaks. Didn't turn up in a web search, or my initial search of online pricing sources. I see it's showing up at B&H now on Pricegrabber.

You using it with the FZ-10? Does it have all the niceties -- bounce flash, etc? Did you run into the viewfinder darkness problems some others have mentioned?