Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 3, 2010, 4:12 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosaC View Post
Hello,

Iíve been reviewing the postings & pics about the Panasonic FZ35. This camera seems to be very remarkable & the folks who post very friendly & helpful.
Currently, I have a Fuji SD6000 & want to upgrade. I like to take pics of my son while he participates in Karate tournaments. He also does some dirt biking. I also like to take pics of our summer vacation to the California Eastern Sierras (wildlife, scenery, people pics), So, with this in mind will the Panasonic meet my needs?

Also,as you can probably tell Iím an amateur. I use auto mode but would like to learn how to use manual modes. Can anyone recommend a good book or perhaps website for a beginner like me?

Lastly, I would like to see/feel the camera before I buy from a reputable website. But, Iíve called Target, COSTCO, Wall-Mart, Best Buy & Ritz. They donít have it. I live in Southern Calif. Any suggestions?

Thank you!
Hi Rosa,

You sure came to the right forum! I haven't checked in for awhile so had to read to catch up.

I live in So CA also and Samy's has the FZ35. I called and made sure they had a demonstrator before I went in with my SDHC card. They were super nice and let me take several stills and videos. You will notice immediately that the FZ35 has super zoom and focus smoothness as well as the best IS I've ever seen on the many digital cameras I've had.

I prefer to buy my cameras at Amazon but B and H and others are excellent also. I don't care for Fry's,...not good on returns is what I've heard. Remember, you will save the sales tax with an online purchase. That will buy a nice lunch, even in pricey So Ca.

Don't let a lack of photography knowledge keep you from jumping in. The FZ35 is EXCELLENT in automatic (iA).

I'm taking mine to a Little League game tonight and it will get a workout with high speed burst, video, shutter preference and automatic.

You will love the FZ35. I have the FZ28 and it's a great camera too, but the FZ35 is improved in every area.

Jack
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2010, 11:13 PM   #32

okay.... thank you to all for all the valuable info!
RosaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2010, 9:51 PM   #33

Default I found one!

now .... all I have to do is wait, wait & wait. I called B&H today as neilvan suggested. They had a used one rated a 9! It cost me a total of $221.00 shipping included.

I believe I'm going to need a UV Filter (46mm) & a 8gb Class 6 SC Card, right? Any suggestions on brands/types? Where's the best place to buy?

Thanks again for your support!
Old May 7, 2010, 10:08 PM   #34

Default Great Buy!

You made a great buy and you will love your FZ35!

I have some Sandisk Extreme cards and also some Transcend 8gb class 6 that I bought on Amazon. They all work just fine for me. Google the prices and compare to Amazon.

Jack
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2010, 10:59 PM   #35

thank you Setter Dog
Old May 7, 2010, 11:24 PM   #36

Quote:
now .... all I have to do is wait, wait & wait. I called B&H today as neilvan suggested. They had a used one rated a 9! It cost me a total of $221.00 shipping included.

I believe I'm going to need a UV Filter (46mm) & a 8gb Class 6 SC Card, right? Any suggestions on brands/types? Where's the best place to buy?

Thanks again for your support!
Ha! That's great rosaC, I seen that one at B&H today and thought about buying it and then it was gone...
Old May 7, 2010, 11:27 PM   #37

sorry about that. I actually called B&H on a whim & there it was.
Old May 7, 2010, 11:31 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilvan View Post
Ha! That's great rosaC, I seen that one at B&H today and thought about buying it and then it was gone...
LOL! No problem, I am happy that you got one! They are almost disposable at that price...

BTW - I have been using the 16GB Panasonic Class 10 SDHC cards and it has worked flawlessly with this camera and my LX3.

Have fun!
Old May 7, 2010, 11:49 PM   #39

where do you buy your cards?
Old May 7, 2010, 11:53 PM   #40

Quote:
where do you buy your cards?
I am in Canada so I probably wouldn't be much help...

I buy 95% of my photographic items at B&H, memory cards I buy locally on special...