Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 4, 2003, 3:55 PM   #1

Default Are some FZ10 owners regreting purchase

Sorry to sound cynical but are the some of the FZ owners regretting their purchase??? It seems after a couple of weeks some of the new owners are having all sorts of problems with their FZ 10's …some returning two, some not happy with focus, hazy pictures at same exposure ??? Etc.
I have been following this forum for weeks and have been very impressed with the photographs the readers have uploaded but now all seems doubtful with some owners.
Considering around 20 readers have purchased the camera and a few have found faults is it a hit or miss if you receive a trouble free model…?
My mind was made up to wait for the FZ10 UK launch but now have my doubts.. Perhaps I should restart my search for a more reliable model.
I must say I hope I am wrong as the FZ 10 fits my every needs…will watch with interest
Orkney is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 4, 2003, 5:07 PM   #2

Default I love my FLUZI

I was dissapointed with the first couple photos I took , But after changing a few settings, still on program, I am getting better results than any other camera I have ever used. And that was what I was hoping for.
Gene
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2003, 5:35 PM   #3

After hanging round this and other forums now for some weeks after reading about the FZ10.... and drooling as much as the next guy / gal , I think I will wait patiently until the camera hits UK shores , especially after hearing of some early problems encountered , and the unusual (what seems high ) return rate. Still this camera and it's 12x zoom is definitely worth the wait....

Stephen
brammsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2003, 10:24 PM   #4

:lol: I am only waiting to see what happens with the price. I demo'ed the FZ10 this week at the local Wolf store, and it was very impressive. Not quite as large as I anticipated, which is good. Very nice size and the controls seem pretty intuitive. The manual capabilities are good and the manual focus is as good or better than what I've seen in any SLR.
catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2003, 1:56 AM   #5

Default Catfish - the price may be right by now...

******** - http://www.********.net/productpage....n=DMCFZ10K&s=0 has the FZ10 for $475 + $20 S&H. At the moment this is being written, their website says they have 23 of the black ones in stock.
Charlie Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2003, 5:38 AM   #6

Default Re: Catfish - the price may be right by now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Howard
******** - http://www.********.net/productpage....n=DMCFZ10K&s=0 has the FZ10 for $475 + $20 S&H. At the moment this is being written, their website says they have 23 of the black ones in stock.

Weighing the FZ10's problems and return/exchange experiences folks have had at Ritz I'd be really hesitant to purchase one from ********.net based on THEIR return policy...

"Due to manufacturers' policies, ********.Net cannot accept returns of the following items for exchange, replacement or credit FOR ANY REASON: Compaq, IBM, ASUS, AXIS Communication INC., Panasonic, APC, Intel, Lexmark, Sony, Minolta, Memory Upgrades, Polycom, Canon, Primera, Matrox, and Efficient Networks. DEFECTIVE merchandise can be returned for repair or replacement to the manufacturer directly or any authorized service center in your area. Additional manufacturers may be added to this list as: manufacturer policies change, manufacturer goes out of business, or in the case of specially ordered items. "

So, as usual, price isn't everything (and ********.net doesn't ship internationally)...I'm still going to wait until I can get it iin the UK.
brammsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2003, 11:08 PM   #7

Default No regrets here...

I am very happy with my purchase of the FZ10! Just like anything new it takes some learning and the more pics I take the better they get.
Purrcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2003, 8:26 AM   #8

Isn't 'Buyer's Remorse' a simple fact of life? A Xmas tree that looked the best in the sell lot ends up with a bald spot in your living room... the Russian bride you bought off the internet - shows up with her Vodka-loving mother...

Hell, when you amp up a $600 camera into a personal fantasy replacement for a $2,000 SLR body and a $10,000 400mm lens, then my friend - you be buying a ticket for a Valium tour.

I would suggest you reset your expectations button. I simply see this as a great replacement for a very good Sony camera I have - and I get all these improvements for only a couple of hundred more than I paid for the Sony.

.......and it's soon here!

Have nice holidays - don't expect too much from them however.

Jim
Wetstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2003, 11:02 PM   #9

Well, I couldn't get to ********.net quick enough to cancel my order (as they were indeed in stock !) and UPS got out of NY despite the snow so I'm expecting it on Tues. or Wed. I sure hope I get a good one as I don't even want to think about getting with Panasonic corporate for replacement ! Came to just under $500. The $100 'savings' will be used to buy a 256 SD disk and a bag. I still don't get why all these digital cameras come with such dinky storage cards (yeah, yeah, I DO know why but still....) Drives me CRAZY ! If any users have suggestions on bags, please advise as I know nothing in that regard.

cjh
Charlie46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2003, 7:32 AM   #10
lg

I have two different sizes of Samsonite WorldProof bags, and am very please with both of them.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote