Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 9, 2010, 10:32 AM   #1

Default First Photos with Panasonic fz35

Hi my pana fz35 reached me yesterday. This morning I took some shots with that without applying myself seriously. But still the camera has produced very good results. i attach the following photos of typical Indian crow. CCs are always welcome. Let me post more with all your suggestions in future. No PP is done on these images only resizing.
Attached Images

levicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 9, 2010, 12:25 PM   #2
Administrator

Congrats on the new Camera!

But, since I see evidence that the photos you posted appear to have been downsized and recompressed by the forums software, you're probably exceeding the maximum sizes allowed here (either file size or dimensions in pixels).

When you do that, the forums software will automatically downsize your images and recompress them using very high JPEG compression (which will make them look softer), and it will also strip out all EXIF info.

See my comments in this post:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/ge...ml#post1026659

So (unless you want softer looking photos in the forums), you'll want to make sure that whatever software you're using to downsize them is keeping them within the dimensions limits (resolution allowed in pixels for width and height), as well as file size limits. They'll need to be no larger than 260,000 bytes (approx. 253.9KB) if you don't want the forums software recompressing them, and no larger than 1024 pixels on their longest side for dimensions for forum posts (and no larger than 1024x768 for album images).

Usually, a quality setting of around 80% (depending the scale your software uses for JPEG compression) will keep an image with a resolution of 1024x768 or smaller within file size limits)

IOW, make sure you set your JPEG compression/quality level in the software you're using to downsize them to keep them within the file size limits set for uploads to prevent the forums from recompressing them (and you'll see those limits when you upload images here, as shown in the post I linked to about it).
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2010, 4:40 PM   #3

levicus-

Good going! The last time I saw two colors of black in a bird was in Russia, and they were crows.

It looks like you are off to a good start with your FZ-35. So, we will look for more photos from you.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2010, 6:03 PM   #4

I love bird shots with something in there mouths. It always amazes me how they build their nests and forage.

Excellent pics.
Chris0383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2010, 5:04 AM   #5

Default Peacock

Thanks for your words of encouragement and appreciation as well as some useful advice on uploading. Followed by a 'live crow' photos, I here upload a 'life-like' peacock statue. This photo is taken at night time in an exhibition. I used IA mode for this and happy with the result. This one I dedicate to Sarah Joyce. More to follow soon. bye for now.
Attached Images

levicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2010, 12:39 PM   #6

Nice Depth of Field on the birds.....

more photos please...

vinz
vinmunoz is offline   Reply With Quote