Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 13, 2010, 10:39 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tullio View Post
I played with the image a bit. Cropped the power line and tank on the right, a bit of the trees on the left, top and bottom to give the impression of a wider view. Hope you don't mind.
No, I don't mind at all! A picture speaks a thousand words. Now I can see what everyone was trying to tell me. Great advice! Thanks!!
Old May 13, 2010, 3:44 PM   #12

My view of a scenery...first its not landscape but..

To be honest , I too dont see why is linkin someones photo takin credit for something you havent done , but ok.Americans are so wierd, I supose you can get suid if you link photo of a wrong guy

PS
I took both photos.

Attached Images

Last edited by hrvoje xyz; May 13, 2010 at 3:58 PM.
hrvoje xyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2010, 5:38 PM   #13
Super Moderator

If someone is posting photos that contravene the copyright then it is best we (where possible) protect them and keep Steve's fully above board.

If anyone isn't happy with the way that myself or any of other other volunteer Moderator/Super Moderators keep spammers away, remove unwanted/undesirable posts, occasionally remove a photo that is in breach of copyright (this is rare, and not legally our responsibility but it is better to educate and keep things straight), put a post in the correct place when someone posts in the wrong forum by mistake, delete duplicate posts that people accidentally make etc etc, as well as sharing our photographic knowledge then please do get in touch. Oh, and I'm not America, not that someones nationality should cause any problem to another member or visitor.

I'm pleased to say that Steve's is one of the most friendly and informative photographic forum around and is kept this way due to its great members who don't generally go down the same routes of negative posting and beating up of others which is common ground on other forums. Sure we are not the largest and we don't have the wealth of professionals here, but we are what we are, a great community brought together by the passion for photography and the tools we use around this.
Old May 13, 2010, 6:25 PM   #14

Anybody that knows Sarah knows she is 110% legit in helping others become better...even the photos I posted from Thaink Tanks are copyroghted so they should also be removed but they were posted not for personal gain only in benefit of others and to help others...

And this is the one forum where you don't see people belittling others, but instead encouraging and lifting others up...thats why I hang around here instead of the Canon Forum...
Steve's is a family oriented forum and I like that I don't have to worry about my family seeing anything in any of the posts or threads that shouldn't be seen!
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2010, 9:51 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillgreg View Post
...In many cases people are just sharing images they like, or to help others by illustrating a point. ...
I still think that the best practice to illustrate a point is to get one's own camera, shoot and post. If sharing images, they should then clearly state that the image was extracted from such and such place and, if available, indicate who the photographer is.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2010, 10:05 AM   #16
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tullio View Post
If sharing images, they should then clearly state that the image was extracted from such and such place and, if available, indicate who the photographer is.
The policy at Steves is not to post anything that you've not photographed without permission from the copyright holder. If you want to use a photo you didn't take then post the link to it's location the same way as I did with the photo Sarah used.
Old May 14, 2010, 11:14 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1616 View Post
The policy at Steves is not to post anything that you've not photographed without permission from the copyright holder. If you want to use a photo you didn't take then post the link to it's location the same way as I did with the photo Sarah used.
There you go, Greg.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote