Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 14, 2010, 11:18 AM   #11

They all look very sharp, LTZ-

It also an easy camera to use.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2010, 11:28 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
They all look very sharp, LTZ-

It also an easy camera to use.

Sarah Joyce
Thanks Sarah...the initial reviews had me thinking the ZS7 lost it's sharpness due to software and noise reduction...but it is clearly untrue...it is very capable for a Tag-A-Long Camera for everyday life...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2010, 8:07 PM   #13

All very nice LT. The zoom of the wheelbarrow is great - the ZS3 almost gives the FZ range a run for it's money on the casual zoom shot! And the one inside the car is great - so nicely balanced that one looks straight at the content, and doesn't even think about the camera or settings used.

On over cast days, I prefer to move the WB off auto and select Cloudy or Shady, it gives a slightly warmer tone. The main shot I noticed this in particular is the 2nd of the little tot's car.

But that may just be my personal preference!

Thanks for sharing
Greg
chillgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2010, 10:03 PM   #14

Greg I forget to set th WB at times and then I forget to unset it?!!! I have "sometimers" not "alltimers" yet! The children playing in the tot's car were taken on A setting and the Shutter was slow due to it getting dark it was dusk here and yes setting the WB for Cloudy or Shade would have helped as it was also cloudy, but it really helps show the capabilities of the ZS7 at dusk...it is a very nice camera by all regards...where's the ZS3 shots that you are talking about giving my FZ a run for it's money? I have to see it to believe it...lol...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2010, 11:34 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
Greg I forget to set th WB at times and then I forget to unset it?!!! I have "sometimers" not "alltimers" yet! The children playing in the tot's car were taken on A setting and the Shutter was slow due to it getting dark it was dusk here and yes setting the WB for Cloudy or Shade would have helped as it was also cloudy, but it really helps show the capabilities of the ZS7 at dusk...it is a very nice camera by all regards...where's the ZS3 shots that you are talking about giving my FZ a run for it's money? I have to see it to believe it...lol...
"sometimers" not "alltimers"
LMAO you are funny LT :-)

Yes I did take my "new" s/h ZS3 out this morning on a quick walk to the shops, but the bloody battery died on me...will hopefully get a power adapter later today or tomorrow. I love being able to whack it on my belt...as much as the FZ35 is my Rolls Royce camera, it's a bit much to have on me all the time.

At the moment I'm watching the homecoming live coverage of Jessica Watson into Sydney Harbour, they have it on all 3 free to air commercial networks would you believe. Fortunately it's a beautiful warm, clear and sunny day, there is a huge flotilla with her little pink boat, and a hundred thousand people around the Opera House, where she's being greeted by the Prime Minister.

I loved seeing a little bit of your home and family, it looks really beautiful where you live. And you're right, who has time to play with settings when the kids are frollicking around? Testament to you and the ZS3 that they are such beaut pics.

Have a great weekend from Greg down under.

:-)
Greg

Update: for anyone interested in this amazing story, here is the official link: http://www.jessicawatson.com.au/

Last edited by chillgreg; May 14, 2010 at 11:43 PM.
chillgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2010, 7:31 AM   #16

Lt.. I see you returned the HX5v... I have an unopened one in a box downstairs. I am still torn on whether I will be disappointed in the image quality on the hx5. I can see I won't be disappointed in the iq on the zs7.

Can you comment on your reasons for returning the hx5 and keeping the zs7.

Also can you comment on the panoramic assist on the zs7 in comparison to the isweep on the hx5v?

Can you also comment on the gps differences between the gps on the 2. How easy is it to turn on and off on the zs7? Is it a battery drain?

Great photos in this as well as other threads. I am impressed.

Right now I have the g9...so I am looking for something equal or better in iq.
mackloon is offline   Reply With Quote