Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 18, 2010, 1:39 PM   #11

You are correct, I do like the bottom ones better. I went by your initial description and since you mentioned iAUTO vs. AUTO, I assumed the top images were iAUTO. I downloaded the first image but there is no EXIF data. Can you post the first two images with the full EXIF information? I still think that the first image was taken with the camera's WB set to cloudy, reason why it looks warmer. If the second pictures are the ones shot in iAUTO mode, then I must admit that the camera is doing a much better job in iAUTO in terms of exposure. As for the color, if you set WB to AUTO (assuming it's been set to cloudy), you should get pretty comparable images between auto and iauto.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2010, 2:38 PM   #12
LEK

Both the top picture(normal mode) and the bottom picture(i Auto mode) had white balance on AWB which I think is automatic white balance. The normal mode had iexposure and iISO set, and so of course did the iAuto pictures. That's why I was so confused by the difference in the pictures, it seemed like the settings were very similar yet the exposures and color came out different. Puzzling. The only difference I can figure out is the iAuto triggered a scene mode and that made the difference. I'll try to figure out how to download the whole exif data but I'm at work so I may not be able to figure that out soon. At first glance I did like the warmth of the top pictures on cloudy days, like the duck, but as I look at the pictures I think the bottom ones do have more detail and are truer. Anyway, thanks for the feedback, and I'll try to figure out the Exif.
LEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2010, 4:04 PM   #13

Strange indeed. All you need to do is post the unedited images straight from the camera (just compress them to fit the forum's guidelines). They should contain full EXIF data.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2010, 4:43 PM   #14
LEK

I'll try to post the exif data later, but on the third post on this thread, LTZ470 somehow found and posted data on two of the photos that give exposure and other info, is that what you wanted? (don't know how she did that, amazing)
LEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2010, 5:28 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEK View Post
I'll try to post the exif data later, but on the third post on this thread, LTZ470 somehow found and posted data on two of the photos that give exposure and other info, is that what you wanted? (don't know how she did that, amazing)
Right Click on the picture - Select Properties then Details - Scroll until you can see the data on the screen the way I did - Now press the Control Key and while holding it press "Print Screen" at the top of your key board usually over to the right after F12 Key - this automatically copies your computer screen - Now open Paint Brush - Go to Edit then Paste - The Computer Screen shot will be pasted into Paint Brush window - Go to Save As - And save to Desktop - Go to Photobucket and Upload...Voila you're in like Flynn...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote