Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 18, 2010, 4:57 PM   #1

Default Photos With ZR1

I got the ZR1 a couple of days ago, so I thought I would share a few photos taken this morning. All the photos are taken in iA mode, what are your opinions in regards to quality of image.
Attached Images

quartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 18, 2010, 5:21 PM   #2

For $189 you can't beat that really great shots but could be sharper maybe post processing? Last one seems to be the sharpest, but I really like #2 the best!! Nice shot...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2010, 5:35 PM   #3

They make me glad I have the ZS3 coming in tomorrow I'm anxious to play! I got it mainly for the car and those "from the hip" shots. Looks like it will fill the bill very nicely.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2010, 5:44 PM   #4

LTZ470:

I posted the photos without any post processing since I'm not good at that sort of thing. When you shrink an original file size to conform with the size allowed for posting is the quality (sharpness) altered in any way from the original. Thanks for your kind words for photo #2
quartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2010, 5:48 PM   #5

Is there a free panny editing program. There should be a simple 1 click enhancement. It should give it a bit better color saturation and sharpen the photo a little. If not picasa is a good free editing program by google.
Old May 19, 2010, 6:02 PM   #6

These images look a lot better. Since you haven't done any PP, I assume the lack of resolution on your prior post was due to heavy compression done by the forum. I just missed the boat on the ZR1. Amazon had it for $186 until yesterday now it's over $203.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2010, 10:47 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tullio View Post
These images look a lot better. Since you haven't done any PP, I assume the lack of resolution on your prior post was due to heavy compression done by the forum. I just missed the boat on the ZR1. Amazon had it for $186 until yesterday now it's over $203.
What about a ZR3 for $209?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/used/6...al_Camera.html

PS If you want it jump in, they go real quick used at B&H.
chillgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2010, 1:41 AM   #8

Thanks for the heads up, Greg. Two things I don't like about the ZR3: the MP went up to 14, which ended up degrading IQ since the sensor is still the same as the ZR1, and the Max Shutter speed dropped to 1/1300 sec from 1/2000. Those two changes are crucial IMO. The internal memory also dropped from 50 to 40 Mb but that's not a biggie since I never use it anyway. If I have to pay more, then I'd go either with the ZS5/ZS6/ZS7. They are all much superior than the ZR3 I believe.

Tullio
Old May 20, 2010, 1:45 AM   #9

http://www.adorama.com/IPCDMCZR1BK.html
Old May 20, 2010, 1:50 AM   #10

that's not bad but Amazon has it for $196 now. I prefer to buy it from them because of their return policy (30 days with no restocking fees). They also have a few units on their warehouse for $170. They have the same return policy but before I go for an opened box, I'll wait a bit to see if the price of a new one will drop again to the $186 level it was yesterday.

Tullio