Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 18, 2010, 5:11 PM   #1

Default Video info,...FZ35 Slideshows

I made a discovery on my FZ35 that I'll pass along, though it's probably not important to many of you.

I use large SDHC cards and have mixed photos and videos on them. At the end of Little League season, the plan was to mark my favorites and play them into a Panasonic DVD recorder as a slide show. As you probably know, the FZ35 will play stills and videos in chronological order,......but there's a catch.

I discovered as I marked my favorites that only a couple of the videos could be marked as favorites, most could not. I quickly realized that only MJPEGs clips could be marked as favorites, AVCHD clips could not.

Now, AVCHD can still be played as a slide show with stills, but you would have to play ALL, instead of FAVORITES.
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 18, 2010, 9:48 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setter Dog View Post
I made a discovery on my FZ35 that I'll pass along, though it's probably not important to many of you.

I use large SDHC cards and have mixed photos and videos on them. At the end of Little League season, the plan was to mark my favorites and play them into a Panasonic DVD recorder as a slide show. As you probably know, the FZ35 will play stills and videos in chronological order,......but there's a catch.

I discovered as I marked my favorites that only a couple of the videos could be marked as favorites, most could not. I quickly realized that only MJPEGs clips could be marked as favorites, AVCHD clips could not.

Now, AVCHD can still be played as a slide show with stills, but you would have to play ALL, instead of FAVORITES.
Yikes Jack!

Sounds like a software bug. Maybe it's worth an email to Panasonic...dunno if they will ever release a firmware update for the FZ35...
chillgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2010, 3:46 PM   #3

Good idea, Greg. I sent a detailed email to Panasonic and maybe they will fix it in their new FZ. FAVORITES is a nice feature and it's a shame that it can't be used with AVCHD clips. Probably just a software oversight.

Jack
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote