Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 19, 2010, 11:50 PM   #1

Default FZ35 with and without LC-55 Macro Converter

Picked the best shot out of three for each photo...the wind was so horrendous I had to shoot inside my office and although we have 5 Can lights and one huge center light and another Flourescent it is still poor quality lighting...I will try again tomorrow to get some outside...
I focused as close as the camera would let me...notice that the LC-55 allowed me to focus closer than the camera alone when on the Tripod as I left the Tripod setup the same for both to show differences in the two...the LC-55 works well about 1ft or 12" away and is designed that way...with the camera handheld on Monopod you can focus much closer by adjusting the zoom with the camera alone, but again you can't do this with the LC-55 as it won't allow you to get closer than 12" or it will not focus, it will allow you to move further away...it is easy to use and sorry for the poor lighting and shots...hopefully the wind will slow down to "50 mph" tomorrow and I can shoot again..
Please note these are SOOC (Straight out of Camera) no adjustments whatsoever...no sharpening...nothing at all...
Off Tripod with LC-55:

Off Tripod FZ35 alone:

Off Monopod with LC-55:

Off Monopod FZ35 in AF Macro Mode:

Handheld FZ35 AF Macro Mode:

Handheld with LC-55:

Last edited by LTZ470; May 20, 2010 at 8:30 AM.
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 20, 2010, 7:30 AM   #2

Thanks LT - that's exactly what I was wanting to see. Bottom line - it looks like the FZ35 can do pretty good by itself. What I mainly see is the LC-55 may give you a slightly larger picture (looking at the last 2 large pics).

What would you say is the chief advantage of having the LC-55?

Have Fun - Be Nice - Don't Break Anything
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2010, 8:24 AM   #3

LC-55 allows you to focus at 12" no closer and and then it magnifies the subject from there to zoom closer, therefore giving a larger/expanded view of the subject I.E. more zoom in turn the IQ will be better and it is
Off monopod the IQ of the LC-55 was much better overall as the camera alone tended to blurr parts of the subject due to being OOF (Out of Focus) if you look at the one off Monopod FZ35 alone it is OOF on the bottom of the flower where the LC-55 is in focus overall...this could be camera angle also...
Handheld again the IQ was better with the LC-55

This was pixel peeping and comparing different parts of the picture...

Once we can get some daylight outdoor shots when can again evaulate...I am interested to see how they will fare in good lighting myself and the advantages or disadvantages...going to take two cameras and that way I can just shoot to my hearts desire and also the pictures will be seperated...I went bonkers and got these mixed up last night...

Forgot to mention also Clint the bokeh is much better with the LC-55....

Last edited by LTZ470; May 20, 2010 at 8:26 AM.
Old May 20, 2010, 8:33 AM   #4

Thanks for doing all that!

Old May 20, 2010, 8:39 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint501 View Post
Thanks for doing all that!
Anything for my Punny Friend down in Gawga...you had Greg thinking you were from Georgia, but your really from Gawga...I'll bet the ole Peaches are getting about ready to pick?
Old May 20, 2010, 8:59 AM   #6

Getting closer - my son and his wife have one small tree and they get a few off it as long as the "critters" don't get to them first.

I wonder how this lens would do?

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMC-...d=82PBMFB6ULHK

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
Anything for my Punny Friend down in Gawga...you had Greg thinking you were from Georgia, but your really from Gawga...I'll bet the ole Peaches are getting about ready to pick?

Last edited by Clint501; May 20, 2010 at 9:01 AM.
Old May 20, 2010, 9:22 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint501 View Post
Getting closer - my son and his wife have one small tree and they get a few off it as long as the "critters" don't get to them first.

I wonder how this lens would do?

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMC-...d=82PBMFB6ULHK
New World Video Direct are bait & switch artists Clint...and no that is a $2 Chinese made lens you would pay $50 for would be my educated guess...
Old May 20, 2010, 9:26 AM   #8

That's what I figured - sometimes "name" brands are best to buy.