Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 22, 2010, 5:52 AM   #1

Default My first post with my new ZS3 - daytime shots

Hi.

It was a typically lovely autumn day in Brisbane today, crystal clear blue skies and about 25 deg C.

The annual Greek festival was on, so the streets were either closed or jam packed with traffic. On the way back from the shops I took these photos, all out of the car window, and about 50% while the car was moving (very slowly)

I used -1 EV, set the ISO to 80, the WB to sunny, and the picture mode to Vivid. A couple in sepia and B&W for fun.

All the best from 3 burst shots. A few have some minor cropping but no PP at all.

Cheers
Greg
Attached Images

chillgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 22, 2010, 5:55 AM   #2

2nd set

It's a real pity - on my 24"monitor they are tack sharp, but on the forum they look quite soft. I resized them to 1024 x 768 before upload, they are all under 200kb
Attached Images

Old May 22, 2010, 5:58 AM   #3

3rd set
Attached Images

Old May 22, 2010, 6:00 AM   #4

I think I might start using DPR's galleries and just linking here. A real pity.
Old May 22, 2010, 7:31 AM   #5

Greg - I noticed the same thing so I started linking pics to Picasa web albums. To link all you have to do is drag and drop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillgreg View Post
I think I might start using DPR's galleries and just linking here. A real pity.

Have Fun - Be Nice - Don't Break Anything
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2010, 9:16 AM   #6

FlickR seems to do well for me...

Greg those are very good shots!...most people with a T1i or T2i don't even get that good of shots...keep shooting and posting we would love to see more of Brisbane from theZS3!
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2010, 11:46 AM   #7

To me, the images look smudged because they have been highly compressed. So, it's difficult to issue any comments. There are two ways to post good quality images:

1. Use Picasa (or any other photo editor) and re-size the image so that the total size is about 244,000 Kb. Then use the forum advance feature to upload the image from your computer to the forum. I use Picasa for some of the editing and always for resizing. I select 600 pixels with Image Quality of 100% and go down from there in case the 100% gives you a final image larger than 244K. Usually P& images are not that large and you'll find that in most cases, you don't need to go below 95%. This will give you a nice size image with very decent quality for computer view. This size is also good for all of us to view w/o having to scroll right/down to see the entire picture.

2. Subscribe to a hosting sight (I like Flickr, which is free for up to 200 images or you pay $30/year for unlimited space). Once you have your images uploaded to the hosting site, you can then select the size you wish to publish, copy the URL and on your post here at Steve's you then click on the little yellow landscape icon and paste the URL into the pop up window. Click OK. Your image will then appear on your post. The down side of doing this way (for the rest of us more than for you) is that once you decide to delete the image you posted from your hosting site, your post will no longer have the images.

So, if you use Picasa, I'd suggest you re-size your pictures and replace the ones you have here with the better quality ones.

Hope this helps.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote