Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 11, 2010, 8:49 PM   #41

Toscano-

AVCHD lite has the advantage of taking up less memory card space, but then it is also a bit harder to edit it. It take some specialized software.

Sarah Joyce

Last edited by mtclimber; Jul 11, 2010 at 1:08 PM.
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2010, 7:29 PM   #42

Default Quick Question

Hi All-

I just picked up my ZS6 from Costco and was surprised to see that it is plastic. Are ZS5s and 7s plastic or just the 6?
Vball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2010, 11:27 AM   #43

my TZ10=ZS7 is metal
geke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2010, 11:07 PM   #44

just ordered a ZS6 from Costco today -the price had come down to $250...with the case and 2 gb card...after reading this thread, I'm hoping I'm not kicking myself for not getting the ZS7 - although I don't need GPS and have avchd on my FZ35 that I never use - too 'un'user friendly. However, I did want the better screen that the ZS6 offers
MDJoviFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2010, 2:14 AM   #45

They are both the same. I had the ZS6 and then I bought the ZS7. I tapped all around them and they sounded identical.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2010, 9:02 PM   #46

Default advice needed Tullio

I have decided to purchase either the ZS6 or the ZS7. I originally decided on the ZS6 since I didn't think I needed the GPS or AVCHD mode, but now they are the same price... the ZS6 is $250 from Costco and the ZS7 is currently $250 from Amazon. It seems to make the most sense to go with the more advanced model since they're the same price, but I don't understand when you mentioned that "the ZS6 offers iE in movie mode while the ZS7 does not." What is iE in movie mode? Thanks for your help.
clemson2musc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2010, 11:37 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemson2musc View Post
I have decided to purchase either the ZS6 or the ZS7. I originally decided on the ZS6 since I didn't think I needed the GPS or AVCHD mode, but now they are the same price... the ZS6 is $250 from Costco and the ZS7 is currently $250 from Amazon. It seems to make the most sense to go with the more advanced model since they're the same price, but I don't understand when you mentioned that "the ZS6 offers iE in movie mode while the ZS7 does not." What is iE in movie mode? Thanks for your help.
go figure about the price on the ZS7 coming down 2 days after ordering the ZS6! oh well...
MDJoviFan is offline   Reply With Quote