Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 24, 2010, 6:27 PM   #1

Default Back from Italy!

Hello everyone! I came back from Italy yesterday and I have hundreds of photos to go through! My trusty FZ35 made me quite happy with it's abilities!

I've post a bunch of photos on my Picasa site:

http://picasaweb.google.com/sandwate...eat=directlink

If you are bored and have nothing else to do, feel free to have a look! They aren't organized yet as I wanted to get them online for the other people in the tour group to download quickly. There's some great (if I do say so myself) panoramics in there as well that I plan to print out to frame.

It did rain the first week that I was there, so some of the shot are very overcast. Also, some of the shot were taken while inside of a moving bus. None of the shots have been altered (except the panoramic stitching ones). From these pics, I'll narrow the list down and put them in a book to force people to look at.

Thanks for reading and enjoy!
waterhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 24, 2010, 7:37 PM   #2

Waterhand-

That is an excellent selection of photos. Well done! With a like photo editing every one of those photos are very usable, some just need a bit of leveling and straightening.

The FZ-35 served you well. You can see improving photo technique, as you move through the photos. You should be proud.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2010, 10:56 PM   #3

Thanks much! I'm going through them now on Picasa putting geotags and editing them in Photoshop.

For the panoramic shots, is there a good place online to print them? The stitching software that came with the camera has the ability to order online prints, but I don't know how well they will turn out. Any suggestions?
Old May 24, 2010, 11:03 PM   #4

Very nice, I always enjoy visiting italy. Glad to see they took the support straps off of to the tower. The foundation work seem to have gotten it to not lean as much.
Old May 25, 2010, 9:13 AM   #5

Thanks for sharing those, Waterhand. My wife and I are heading over there next month to celebrate our 25th anniversary. I hope the FZ35 comes through for me as well!
Cherokee Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2010, 10:47 AM   #6

You'll have a great time! What parts will you be visiting? Congrats!
Old May 25, 2010, 11:55 AM   #7

We can't wait. We've been planning and saving for this trip for a few years. We are spending 3 days in Rome, 3 days in Venice and a 12-night Mediterranean cruise in between. Besides Rome and Venice, we'll be in the French Riviera, Monte Carlo, Florence, Pisa, Naples, Turkey and a few of the Greek islands (Santorini, Corfu, Mykanos, Athens). I plan to take a million pictures....ok, maybe not a million!

BTW...I am originally from Dayton, Ohio so GO BUCKEYES!!!
Cherokee Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2010, 8:43 PM   #8

I'll tell you now, 3 days in Venice is not enough! The entire tour group wanted to stay longer. Get a gondola ride in there. It may be touristy, but it's well worth it.

You'll get some amazing shots on your trip. Be sure to post them! I ended up taking 1700 photos in 11 days. Crazy, I know

Get back to Ohio! I was told that Mentor, Ohio is one of the top places in the area for bird watching.
Old May 26, 2010, 3:44 PM   #9

Nice shots, looks like a couple of the buildings are ready to fall over!!
apjar307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2010, 8:30 PM   #10

My panoramas of Assisi came in the mail today. I got them from the program that came with the FZ35 that does the stitching. I'm really excited to get them framed. Enjoy!

Last edited by waterhand; Jun 2, 2010 at 8:33 PM.