Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 26, 2010, 11:47 AM   #11
Super Moderator

these look really great LTZ. quite impressive actually. you seem to have a natural eye for these macros, and glad to see your gear is up to the task.
Old May 26, 2010, 11:26 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPHusker View Post
WOW! How close were you to the bee? My ZS7 will be coming from Amazon tomorrow. Any helpful hints would be appreciated!
These were all "A" for Aperture...and I kept trying to get the sky into the photo anyway i could place the caera and also get as close to the subject as it would allow me to focus...I keep things pretty simple...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2010, 11:29 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tullio View Post
Impressive images. I wonder what the reviewers mean by IQ not being as good as the ZS3?!?
Somebody nonchalantly snapped off a few soft photos and didn't understand the cameras capabilities and they got posted on the web...the rest is history...I think when a few more photographers get theirhands on the ZS7 we are going to see some nice photos from a very portable capable camera...
Old May 26, 2010, 11:40 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
these look really great LTZ. quite impressive actually. you seem to have a natural eye for these macros, and glad to see your gear is up to the task.
That is funny Dustin, a natural eye? I have always loved the intricate details of anything, insects, flowers, trees, race engines and anything mechanical, but I got into photography for taking photos of family and travels...ended up loving the macro shots and teaching our children with the photos...funny how life is sometimes...I guess Forest Gump was right "Life's like a box of chocolates", you just never know what your going to get!...lol...

Panasonic FZ35 has been one of the biggest surprises in my life...I gave one to my Daughter-In-Law today as she has expressed interest in photography for the past year...I think a FZ35 is a great starting point and will always be in the hunt being so versatile and consistent...

Thanks for your kind words as always and thanks for the encouragement...
Old Sep 19, 2010, 9:24 PM   #15

LTZ470:
1. That's your birth name, right?
2. I just bought the zs7 to compare to the Canon sx210, which seems to not be so great at macro. I took bee pics with the sx210 and with the Canon sd780 (elph), and the smaller sd780 pics came out better!
Since the zs7 has the same 3cm focusing distance as the 780, and the sx210 has a 5cm focusing distance, I am hopful that the Panny will the the right choice. Especially after seeing your awesome pics!
But I have one question. I don't really know how to use manual modes. I would have to take a photography course. But: would those pics you took have looked almost as good if you had used the auto and or program modes instead of manual mode?
ps: also... is the macro zoom mode on the Panny basically the same as cropping, since it is digital zoom? What is the difference if there is any?
Thanks

-D.
scissorhands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2010, 9:53 PM   #16

So crisp and detailed...
Mystery123 is offline   Reply With Quote