Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 25, 2010, 12:07 PM   #1

Default ZS3 Macro uncrops

I'm beginning to think the whole ZS line is great for super-macros. It's almost impossible to take a bad shot. All handheld.

I actually thought this was a bug until I saw it on the monitor!

My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 25, 2010, 12:16 PM   #2

Those are amazing Gary...beautiful to look at the details that I miss with my naked eye...thanks for sharing...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2010, 12:26 PM   #3

I think I need to get out and get some nice macros with my FZ35 - it's getting jealous of all these fantastic ZS3/7 photos being posted lately lol :-)
chillgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2010, 12:39 PM   #4
Super Moderator

very nice gary. i really love #1. the colors are bright and great. and i love the composition, the middle of the flower offset just a bit, then the petals going out radially from there. the distance you framed it at is very pleasing and makes the petals give some nice lines.
Old May 25, 2010, 1:05 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
Those are amazing Gary...beautiful to look at the details that I miss with my naked eye...thanks for sharing...
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillgreg View Post
I think I need to get out and get some nice macros with my FZ35 - it's getting jealous of all these fantastic ZS3/7 photos being posted lately lol :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
very nice gary. i really love #1. the colors are bright and great. and i love the composition, the middle of the flower offset just a bit, then the petals going out radially from there. the distance you framed it at is very pleasing and makes the petals give some nice lines.
Thanks, y'all and thanks for pointing out the ZS3. I don't think I would have even given it a second thought if you hadn't pointed it out.
My Gallery

--
Old May 26, 2010, 11:38 AM   #6

Excellent pictures. Yesterday I bought a ZS3 from Amazon (even though I just received the ZS7). The reason is because even though the ZS7 has some good upgrades over the ZS3, its IQ is not as good and to me that's more important than having manual controls or GPS. However, since then, I've been reading some real negative comments about problems related to the LCD and noise (at all ISO settings). So, I'll reserve my 2c until I receive and test the ZS3 myself.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2010, 3:30 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tullio View Post
Excellent pictures. Yesterday I bought a ZS3 from Amazon (even though I just received the ZS7). The reason is because even though the ZS7 has some good upgrades over the ZS3, its IQ is not as good and to me that's more important than having manual controls or GPS. However, since then, I've been reading some real negative comments about problems related to the LCD and noise (at all ISO settings). So, I'll reserve my 2c until I receive and test the ZS3 myself.
While we are all looking for the Holy Grail in cameras, I like to remember that the ZS3 is a P&S that I bought for the sole purpose of hip shots. Something I don't have to set a bunch of things before I take a shot and still get pretty decent IQ. And, in that... it does the job for *ME*... and that's whom I'm shooting to please. I have other cameras that will let me fiddle to my heart's content.
My Gallery

--
Old May 26, 2010, 6:20 PM   #8

I'm buying this camera to take to the beach, hiking, skiing, etc. So, it's not going to be my everyday camera. However, IQ is still very important to me. It doesn't do me any good to have a very small camera with a great zoom range if the final results are poor. I'm really hoping that the ZS3 will do the job. If not, depending on its limitations,I'll give the ZS7 a try.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote