Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 26, 2010, 1:44 AM   #1

Default FZ45/48 holdouts.. are you one of them?

I haven't replaced my FZ28 with the FZ35/38, as I知 holding out for the next FZ model. If Panasonic stays true to form, they値l release the successor to the FZ35/38 in a couple of months.

I知 waiting to see what upgrades it boasts, such as possibly full 1080 HD video, perhaps longer zoom (not necessarily a good thing), hotshoe, articulating LCD (or at least AMOLED for longer battery life), and so on.
Lazy Lens is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 26, 2010, 2:45 AM   #2

...maybe 3" screen...
Does anybody know something for sure? Especially: 'when'?
alexander
kibaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2010, 6:00 AM   #3

Guess not since I just purchased my FZ35. It is scheduled for delivery next Tuesday. I can't wait!!! I was fortunate enough to be able to purchase direct from Panasonic through my companies discount program and got the FZ35 for a price so cheap I shouldn't even post it here.
Muzicman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2010, 8:09 AM   #4

Default rumors suggest..

.. an announcement of an FZ45 - um - soon.
I still have & use an FZ10.
I think that makes me a 'holdout'...?
- Ray
Still waiting .......
rayainsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2010, 12:05 PM   #5

I was originally going to hold out, but in the end, I bought the FZ35, and I'm perfectly happy with the decision.

As with most tech toys, the 'newer' model doesn't always ensure that it's 'better' - they might make a change or a design flaw that makes the device not quite as good. And as some of my Israeli friends tell me, "The best is the enemy of good enough".
FlimFlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2010, 12:33 PM   #6

I had the FZ28 and the FZ35. I love the FZ35 but am really looking forward to the new upgrade. I'm hoping it will have some new features like full rez high speed burst, full HD video, in camera panorama etc.

I'll be in no hurry to buy the new model but sooner or later I'll have it, providing it maintains the quick light characteristics of the FZ35. My interests are outdoor quail hunting trips, Yellowstone Park wildlife and grandchildren's sports. These FZs are perfect for my uses.
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2010, 12:39 PM   #7

I don't have a good feeling about the FZ45, but I hope I'm wrong. it will possibly be announced this week, but not be available till later in the year.
chillgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2010, 1:04 PM   #8

Much of this is hilarious, pure speculation and lots of hype. It won’t be the first time that rumours about a new Panasonic camera turn out to be false, and the “rumour sites” do a retraction. The reason being that Panasonic Management in Japan have historically been a very secretive bunch with a very good track record of keeping things in check until the very last minute.
Whilst it’s true that Panasonic in Korea seem to have released some info on the web site by mistake, and there is reference there to a FZ100, in my opinion this means very little. It could indeed be the “new” replacement for the FZ38/35 .... but also equally could be a replacement for the very successful FZ50 too. In fact until a formal release announcement is made, all of this is pure speculation!
dbnnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2010, 1:16 PM   #9

Yes, it is pure speculation but it's also good clean fun,......

Greg, I'm sort of with you on expectations. If Pany tries to out zoom the HS10, it will ruin the FZ line for my purposes. I like most everything about the FZ35,.....most of all the package all those features are packed in. I'd be happy if they'd stuff a few more things into the same container.
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2010, 1:42 PM   #10

I for one don’t need more than a 20x zoom and would be disappointed if they even try to emulate the route
that Fuji have taken with the HS10. But my biggest fear is that the pixel density goes into the territory of
+50 MP/cmイ. I would see that as a leap backwards and I would then rather hold onto my FZ38 for as long as I can.

I also wonder if we will see a move to a new generation of sensor
Backlit CMOS sensor maybe?
Sony is making much progress here, yet Panasonic have some of the most advanced sensor fabrications
plants in the world (but most of their focus has been in the video cam market), but it’s time that they made
some progress in the non video area too?

dbnnet is offline   Reply With Quote