Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 28, 2010, 5:46 PM   #1

Default Finding the FZ35 Locally?

I've been researching for a new camera for a week or so and have decided on the FZ35 for the time being. I don't mind ordering it online, but I'd really like to look at it in person before I buy it. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find one in any local stores. Bestbuy has some of the Panny line, but not the FZ35, it isn't even listed on their website. I've checked Walmart, Sams, Costco, Sears, Bestbuy, CompUSA & a couple other local stores without success. Does anyone know where it can be purchased in the Memphis, TN area? Thanks.
Dahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 29, 2010, 3:21 PM   #2

I would imagine if you could find a FZ18 or FZ28 it would be close enough to give you what you are looking for.

Maybe check actual Camera/Photography stores. Or just bite the bullet. It's a sweet camera. I love the weight, grip and feel.
Old May 30, 2010, 3:28 AM   #3

I wanted to actually try one out too before I bought one. I couldnt find one so I bit the bullet and am very glad I did! As long as your OK with the features I dont think you will be disapointed.
HDMI cable- Monoprice.com
UV filter- HOYA
Tripod- Slik AF1000(U-212)
Case- Targus
joekelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2010, 12:55 AM   #4

Yeah, I can't find one anywhere and have look on the website of every brick & mortar store within a 150 miles of here. There may be a camera shop somewhere with one, but camera shops are few and far between around these parts.

Anyway, looks like I'll just order one online and hope for the best.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 12:25 AM   #5

One other question guys. Is the FZ35's IQ going to be better or worse than an older Canon Powershoot A75? The A75 died on me last year and I've been struggling along with an Olympus 770 (got as an xmas present) since. The 770's IQ seems light years behind the much older A75 to me. So I don't really want to take a step backwards in IQ from the A75.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 1:36 AM   #6

I owned the Canon A40 and A70 eons ago. I also owned the Olympus C770UZ (assuming you mean the same 10x ultrazoom version)

Yes the IQ is about 3 generations better. Qualitatively, it is measurable, both on paper and by eye. The FZ35 at ISO 400 is probably close to the 770 at ISO64.

Using the comparometer at Imagining Resource, you can do direct side-by-side evaluations of the FZ vs the Canon.

Read through the hunderds of reviews on amazon too, there are many user comments comparing the FZ with a variety of older digital cameras.
chillgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2010, 8:14 PM   #7

Ok, I'll take a look at those places. My 770 is the 770SW (waterproof/depthproof version) with 3x zoom.

Anyway, thanks and I ordered the FZ35 today, should be here in a few days.