Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 8, 2010, 3:11 PM   #31

Do i really need the hood lens/adapter? I have never used one before.
Where is the horizontal indicator on the camera? I was reading Joe's page.
Do i need to get a UV protector/filter and do i leave it on all the time and if so why?
Thanks
E.
eysha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2010, 3:33 PM   #32

Testing 1,2,3.

Just need to confirm my posts are visible to others??
chillgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2010, 3:34 PM   #33

i see them fine.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 3:55 PM   #34

yep I see them too ^^
jeanfrancois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2010, 4:08 PM   #35

I guess it depends on your definition of "really need". Having them is a plus Use them when needed.

The lens hood and adapter help shade the lens from glare and "reflections". Most of the time they can be eliminated by not letting the sun shine into the lens.

Press the Disply button on the camera and your LCD screen will change (I think there are 5 different display settings). Keep pressing and you will see the horizontal (and verticle) grid.

I use the UV filter to protect the lens and I leave it on all the time.
It's a lot easier to clean the UV filter.
Hope that helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by eysha View Post
Do i really need the hood lens/adapter? I have never used one before.
Where is the horizontal indicator on the camera? I was reading Joe's page.
Do i need to get a UV protector/filter and do i leave it on all the time and if so why?
Thanks
E.

Have Fun - Be Nice - Don't Break Anything
Clint501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2010, 5:06 PM   #36

Thanks, i will get a UV filter. would you know what he number of it is for the UK? as in what to buy/look for?
E
Old Jun 8, 2010, 5:29 PM   #37

try looking here
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=uv%...rt=901&_ftrv=1

Perhaps some of the folks here from the UK can help better than me.

Quote:
Thanks, i will get a UV filter. would you know what he number of it is for the UK? as in what to buy/look for?
E

Old Jun 8, 2010, 5:37 PM   #38

I have a couple questions for you folks familiar with this camera. I don't mean to take over this thread or anything, I just thought I'd ask them here so they'd be easier to find for others looking for settings for this camera.

1) I know Sarah suggested Auto ISO, but I've noticed a good bit of noise at higher ISO settings. It doesn't really effect me too much, as most of what we'll print will be 4 x 6 prints. But be that as it may, do you guys lock down the ISO to a top setting or generally just allow the camera to decide what's best?

2) There are 3 ISO related settings while in P mode, "Intelligent ISO", "ISO Sensitivity" and "ISO Limit Set". What do you generally use for all 3 of those?

3) Is there a way to focus through a chain link fence and not have it visible on the photo? I was at my daughter's little league game yesterday afternoon and the fence messed up most of my shots. I seem to recall seeing a way to get it out of the photo somehow, but I don't recall where I saw it.
Dahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2010, 5:50 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahammer View Post
I have a couple questions for you folks familiar with this camera. I don't mean to take over this thread or anything, I just thought I'd ask them here so they'd be easier to find for others looking for settings for this camera.

1) I know Sarah suggested Auto ISO, but I've noticed a good bit of noise at higher ISO settings. It doesn't really effect me too much, as most of what we'll print will be 4 x 6 prints. But be that as it may, do you guys lock down the ISO to a top setting or generally just allow the camera to decide what's best?

2) There are 3 ISO related settings while in P mode, "Intelligent ISO", "ISO Sensitivity" and "ISO Limit Set". What do you generally use for all 3 of those?

3) Is there a way to focus through a chain link fence and not have it visible on the photo? I was at my daughter's little league game yesterday afternoon and the fence messed up most of my shots. I seem to recall seeing a way to get it out of the photo somehow, but I don't recall where I saw it.
1. I like to set mine at 800 but I go higher if needed (especially hight shots or inside where it's dark)

2. You can can ISO in P mode by pressing the joystick button - look on page 131 for an explanation of these.

3. Maybe if you are close enough or can zoom in - use spot focus in the p mode - it will depend on the distance - the sensor has to focus through the links

Last edited by Clint501; Jun 8, 2010 at 5:53 PM.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 5:59 PM   #40

Quote:
i see them fine.
Oh, I asked because you seemed to have missed my previous answer for you.

I searched for you on "UV Filter" and found this very informative thread:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/pa...nses-fz35.html

Have a read, most common 46mm filters are very easy to find, search ebay or Amazon and you will find heaps. They aren't made for specific cameras or models, as long as the thread is 46mm it will fit.

Greg
chillgreg is offline   Reply With Quote