Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 19, 2010, 11:41 PM   #1

Default Roses with a touch of Sun

I was out shooting early in the morning and tried to get a little gleeming sunshine just on the edge of the roses. I almost had to climb into the rose bush to line the rose with the Sun which had just come up over the mountain. Any ideas what I could have done to get a better effect? I think using a polarizer may have been better to tone down the brighness of the sun but I don't have one for my FZ35!
Any pointers would be appreciated!
Attached Images

outofline99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 20, 2010, 10:46 AM   #2

It is a heavily back lighted situation. Your best option would have been (a) change your position to reduce the back light. (b) use a bit of fill flash to overcome the heavy back light, which might not have been really possible. Iwould opt for solution (a). You will not rescue that on in Photoshop.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2010, 12:59 AM   #3

Here are a couple more with not so much back sun light! The sun glistening just over the edge of the rose was the image I was hoping to capture! I tried the flash but didn't like that unnatural lighting effect!
Attached Images

outofline99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2010, 5:25 AM   #4

In situations like this, when I am not able to capture the most beautiful sight exactly the way I just saw for a fleeting second, I think of God and realise how wonderful is the camera that we carry with us all the time, our precious eyes! That said, like Sarah, I would shift position to avoid such a strong backlight or place a preferably translucent obstruction in the background and try.
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2010, 5:37 AM   #5

Nice shots but for me the sun is overpowering.
Koolpc is offline   Reply With Quote