Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 4, 2010, 6:07 PM   #1

Default Infrared FZ1v2

Been a while that I have shot any of my FZ cameras. I stopped at FZ20 but I still like the FZ1v2 best. Infrared today. Only a couple as it was a rather windy day.
Attached Images

vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 4, 2010, 9:04 PM   #2

Wow, the FZ1 is a legend, thank you so much for sharing, I think this is the frist time I've ever seen an FZ1 photo. Doesn't it have an IR filter?

Greg
chillgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2010, 10:06 PM   #3

Default FZ1v2

The FZ1v2 (v2 is an upgrade, very rare with Panasonic and was not released for the US but worked from the Japan site I downloaded it from). The FZ1 did not have an IR filter so putting on a Hoya R72 does the trick. White balance needs to be adjusted after putting it on. I usually point at the clouds to get my white balance for infrared shots with the FZ1v2.

You can achieve different looks with swapping the RGB channels or what I prefer to do is just desaturate and then convert to black and white. Some gamma and brightness adjustment and it gives me the look I like. I use a free program, PhotoFiltre to get these results.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote