Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 6, 2010, 9:38 PM   #1

Default "I also had a Fuji HS10 along and the FZ35 smoked it at almost every opportunity."

FYI

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...hread=35726224
chillgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 6, 2010, 9:56 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillgreg View Post
Trolling? Don't bother. You've made my "ignore list" once again.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2010, 11:05 PM   #3

I find it amusing that there are people out there who treat cameras as race cars. I read the thread, and what I took away was that the guy didn't know how to use the camera. Sue me if I'm wrong.

My Flickr
-Robert-

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2010, 1:32 AM   #4
Super Moderator

Is there any real point to this thread as I can't see it as helpful. There is nothing wrong to include links from other forums if there is something of benefit, newsworthy etc but can't see it. If there were photo evidences etc I could understand it but not just someone statement who we don't know.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 4:50 AM   #5

There are several people on this forum considering an HS10. I've rarely come across anyone that actually owns both, so thought that providing this link offers the opportunity to contact that person for their own personal hands-on reflections.

I should have stated this in my OP, but thought it was inferred, sorry.

Greg
Old Jul 7, 2010, 8:54 AM   #6

I've got them both and just getting my feet on the ground with the HS10...yes initially I would say the FZ35 is better as I am familiar with it and have used it extensively...keeping an open mind with the HS10 I am going to Colorado for a week or so and I'll get to see it in action along side the FZ35 and the 7D...it's gonna be fun and interesting!!!

I can see right up front that the CMOS sensor is a whole different animal that sees things differently than the CCD, with that learned I am adusting accordingly...

It's all about having a good time with the camera of choice...and I think the HS10 will be a fun camera...I have some nice shots with it already that I will treasure for many years to come...I finally figured out how and where to set Focus Patterns last night...lol...it's like playing chess with these camera makers on some of their settings!

Last edited by LTZ470; Jul 7, 2010 at 8:59 AM.
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2010, 10:28 AM   #7

Ok. I spent a minute looking at these "smokin'" pics from the FZ35. I looked at the original of the bears. Not good. Anyway, who knows what that description means. maybe he was happy with the lcd brightness! Maybe he found the extra reach of the HS10 difficult to control. Who knows?
frank-in-toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2010, 6:59 AM   #8

LT, can't wait to see some shots from your hands from the HS-10.

Last edited by chillgreg; Jul 10, 2010 at 7:36 AM.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 10:21 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
I've got them both and just getting my feet on the ground with the HS10...yes initially I would say the FZ35 is better as I am familiar with it and have used it extensively...keeping an open mind with the HS10 I am going to Colorado for a week or so and I'll get to see it in action along side the FZ35 and the 7D...it's gonna be fun and interesting!!!

Now that's something i would like to see.
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2010, 1:43 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank-in-toronto View Post
Ok. I spent a minute looking at these "smokin'" pics from the FZ35. I looked at the original of the bears. Not good. Anyway, who knows what that description means. maybe he was happy with the lcd brightness! Maybe he found the extra reach of the HS10 difficult to control. Who knows?
A good or bad picture is in the eye of the photographer, in my opinion. If the OP was happy with his bear picture, I sure wouldn't say it was "Not good". I looked at it and I liked it. I hope it was taken with long zoom,.......!
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote