Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 13, 2010, 5:30 PM   #1

Default ...forest beauties!

Going to Mount Parnitha, out of Athens, we were lucky to find these beauties ...posing for us!
Well..., what I post is the result of my fz38, after croping, streatching, contrast and brightness control, etc.
...I need an answer: Do we call this 'true' photography??? (I feel like cheating)
alexander
Attached Images

Last edited by kibaris; Jul 13, 2010 at 5:40 PM.
kibaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 13, 2010, 6:04 PM   #2

I wouldn't worry about 'true photography', kibaris. Photography is about capturing a memory the way you want to remember it. These days, editing the exposure, cropping and getting things to where you see them in your mind is just as much a part of the art as what you do when you're pressing the lens release. (Though it doesn't hurt to get that part perfect from the start, too!)

I daresay anyone that claims to get every shot right, every time, has a very large list of deleted shots that they'd rather the world never see in the first place. And besides, it's a hobby. If you can't fiddle with it to make you feel the happiest, you might as well not have that hobby.

It's nice to be able to take pictures of deer that placid. Most of the deer in this area are quite jumpy. Normally, the only time we see deer that still is when we're about to hit them in with our cars.
FlimFlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 2:21 AM   #3

(...Normally, the only time we see deer that still is when we're about to hit them in with our cars...)

Oh, deer!
kibaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 2:43 AM   #4

I'd enjoy seeing the photos a little less cropped, so as to get an idea of the area you were in. They are c ertainly great photos though - well done mate!

Greg
chillgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 2:19 PM   #5

These are great, thank you for sharing. We have deer out back but I can never get this close. The best I can do is max out the EZ zoom and do the best I can. The images are not as high quality as these are.

By the way, I was in Athens last week. What a crowded city it is, I'm surprised you have areas like this around you. Great city, really enjoyed the tour of the acropolis.
Cherokee Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 4:31 PM   #6

Nice photos. I don't see deer either except in a zoo or animal park so thanks for sharing. Please post what setting you used, i am learning from the posts. Thanks. E.
eysha is offline   Reply With Quote