Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 13, 2010, 11:50 PM   #1

Default ZS6 - Trouble sending HD video to TV

When I attempt to play HD video from my Panasonic ZS6 on an HD TV (HDMI connected) the camera displays a message on the LCD saying it's sending a signal to the TV but the TV is not getting a signal. The TV and camera are communicating because the camera's message does not display until the TV is switched to the correct HDMI source. Tried two TVs with same result. Anyone have an idea?
MassMini is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 14, 2010, 2:45 AM   #2

Check the camera's HDMI settings. If the TV's resolution is less than the output of the camera, nothing will display. Try setting it to Auto, or start at the low 480p and work yur way up. Do you know what size/brand/model your TV is?
chillgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 8:43 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillgreg View Post
Check the camera's HDMI settings. If the TV's resolution is less than the output of the camera, nothing will display. Try setting it to Auto, or start at the low 480p and work yur way up. Do you know what size/brand/model your TV is?
I've tried each of the camera's HDMI settings (Auto, 1080i, 720p, 480p) and got the same result.

The TVs are a 55 inch Samsung 650 series and a 24 inch Dynex. Both support 1080p.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 12:52 PM   #4

Update: Was able to display video and pics through HDMI with a different cable. The camera's HDMI mini (type C) socket seems loose and even with the second cable it required putting pressure on the cable end to bake sure it was mating correctly. Going to return it for a ZS7 (want the smaller file size HD video) - hopefully the socket on the next one will be better.